Here We GO - Can't Fade No More

by unique1 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• unique1
    unique1

OK, A little update on my story. My husband have been sucessfully faded for 5 years. This past Saturday my mom and dad saw my husband with a disfellowshipped friend of ours. The only reason they didn't see me, was because I was a chicken and went and hid from my parents until they left. For the record I am 28 and yes I realize it was RIDICULOUS!! Anyways, my dad tried a suprize sheparding call on us, but we didn't feel like answering the door so we didn't. I spoke to him on the phone last night. He told me he wanted to come by and talk to us. I told him I didn't feel it was necessary. My hubby and I didn't need a lecture or to be preached to. He wasn't going to tell me anything I didn't know already. He asked if we still hang around our disfellowshipped friend. I told him yes. He started into the whole speil about how we aren't to associate with those disfellowshipped. I asked him if he thought someone should be able to change their mind about their religion. He said yes and kept on that we shouldn't associate with them. I told him, I just couldn't do it. I couldn't pretend to not know someone because they make a mistake, I love them too much. Dad said my love wasn't greater than Jehovahs and that Jehovah had people put to death in olden times if they went against his law, at least JW's give you a chance to come back and don't write you off altogether. He said it was loving discipline to not speak to someone. That they usually come back. I told him most of the ones I knew didnt' come back and the ones who did, did it for their family not Jehovah. I told dad, he had to do what his conscience led him to do. If that was turn us into the elders, so be it. I had to do what my conscience let me do and shunning wasnt' one of them. So he reitterated that he and my mom would not speak to me until I changed my attitude. I told him, I loved him unconditionally and wished he felt the same way. That was that. My mom sent me an email this morning stating

"We wanted to respond to the last comment you made on the phone: “I wish you could have unconditional love for me.” We looked up unconditional love and only found it mentioned three times in the Watchtower publications. This is a statement from the Awake: “AMONG the greatest gifts parents can give to their children are unconditional love and a set of values that the parents live by and do not just lecture about. Without proper values, life is little more than a crude struggle for survival. Values give meaning to life. They establish priorities. They set moral boundaries and define rules of behavior.”

We do love you unconditionally so does Jehovah, but as stated above, unconditional love is not without priorities, rules, boundaries and values."

I plan on sending her the Websters dictionary definition of unconditional love. How screwed up do you have to be to look up a definition in the Awake instead of Websters?

Now I am preparing to send a Baptism Nullification letter so I won't be disfellowshipped or disassociated. I will let you all know how it goes. Thanks for all of your support over the past 4 years.

• jstalin
    jstalin

It's called "doublethink." Unconditional love with conditions.

• blondie
    blondie

Interesting that he thinks that the WTS is more loving and lenient than "Jehovah." Under the Law, adulterers and murderers were to be put to death yet God made an exception in David's case. So everything is not so black and white, even in the OT.

Just tell him you were conducting "necessary business." I know of 3 elders that have regular contact with their adult DF'd children and when we told other elders, it was no big deal and we got the message that if we pushed it that we were the ones that would be "disciplined." We knew of 5 elders and 2 MS that had contact with a df'd JW because they were still in business with him.

In the end, you find out who your real friends are.

Love, Blondie

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist
    We do love you unconditionally so does Jehovah, but as stated above, unconditional love is not without priorities, rules, boundaries and values."

"The following are the conditions under which unconditional love should not be displayed: ....."

Wow, sorry you're going through this. (Welcome to the club! )

Dave

• carla
    carla

wow. I would say 'unbelievable!' but sadly it is. sorry you have to go through this. I wonder their response to an actual dictionary definition of the word will be?

• theinfamousone
    theinfamousone

damn ass bastards... they make what words really mean into their twisted rules and regulations... its funny they want their yes to mean yes and their no to mean no, but theyre just a bunch of hypocritical bastards.... conditional unconditionality... makes sense to me....

oh and soon well realize that everlasting life is really just ending everlastingness...

yep its all bs isnt it???

the infamous one

• Honesty
    Honesty
    We wanted to respond to the last comment you made on the phone: “I wish you could have unconditional love for me.” We looked up unconditional love and only found it mentioned three times in the Watchtower publications. This is a statement from the Awake: “AMONG the greatest gifts parents can give to their children are unconditional love and a set of values that the parents live by and do not just lecture about. Without proper values, life is little more than a crude struggle for survival. Values give meaning to life. They establish priorities. They set moral boundaries and define rules of behavior.”

I feel for you.

If they only knew what we know about their beloved and adored FDS.

• Gopher
    Gopher

As many of us know from personal experience, it’s excruciatingly difficult to deal with parents who still want to run your life and threaten to shun you if you do not comply. And their Watchtower organization only makes it worse, giving them these weird ideas about what “love” is. Those ideas only work to enforce the organization’s rules.

This is a statement from the Awake: “AMONG the greatest gifts parents can give to their children are unconditional love and a set of values that the parents live by and do not just lecture about. Without proper values, life is little more than a crude struggle for survival. Values give meaning to life. They establish priorities. They set moral boundaries and define rules of behavior.”

I thought in Christianity, love trumps all else. If you read the Awake quote here, it might be reasonable to conclude unconditional love IS part of the set of values you teach, not a separate thing that is trumped by other things. But of course, people read into it what they want.

“We unconditionally love you and so does Jehovah.”

WRONG! The love of hard-core JW parents and “Jehovah” (i.e., the Watchtower organization) is conditioned on absolute agreement with the society’s current version of “truth”.

Dyed-in-the-wool JW parents don’t seem to have the capability to have a normal conversation with their non-JW children. Conversations are slanted like this: “We have the truth, and you are causing a separation by disagreeing with that.”

That’s not a conversation I want to continue with my longtime JW parents. The WTS has taken their soul, I don’t really think I know them any more.

• LDH
    LDH
    Dad said my love wasn't greater than Jehovahs and that Jehovah had people put to death in olden times if they went against his law, at least JW's give you a chance to come back and don't write you off altogether. He said it was loving discipline to not speak to someone.

Jehovah seems like a groovy kind of Guy.

What did Jesus say? "Let him without sin cast the first stone."

• garybuss
    garybuss

My parents told me if I ever left the Witness religion they would kill me if it was legal. I don't have any respect for these people.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit