by bem 14 Replies latest jw experiences

• bem
    bem

High Five Carmel & Wife

Dorothy

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

FYI for all lurkers and "maybe I will, but I'm scared"-type's --

I just got back from my first ever donation. It went swimmingly. The whole process was over in about an hour. Next time it should go quicker, since I won't have the first-timer stuff to do again. They pricked my finger and dropped a bit of blood in some blue stuff. The nurse admitted she didn't know what it was, or what it checked, only that the drop of blood should fall to the bottom. It did, so we were good to go.

I reclined on a lawnchair-looking deal (exactly like you'd get at Wal-Mart), they gave me a squeezie ball to squeeze on, and hooked me up to a blood pressure cuff. After a little sterilization, they slipped the needle in (painlessly! No promises for you, but she was good!) and we were off to the races.

Admittedly, having spent the last 36 years of my life going out of my way to keep blood IN my body, it was a little disquieting watching it being pumped out on purpose. I mentioned this to the nurse and she said, "Just think of the life it will save". Of all the unnatural things I've ever done -- smoking leaps to mind -- I guess this one falls well inside the acceptable range.

All of this was about 45 minutes ago. I feel fine, no light-headedness or anything. I feel absolutely no different than before I went in. And I'm not a big guy -- 155 lbs and 5' 10''.

All in all, a very easy, enriching experience. Highly recommended!

Dave

• bem
    bem
    "Just think of the life it will save". Lurkers notice the difference???? saving lives not want them destroyed!

(((Dave)))

Absolutely an awesome thing to do. Good for all of us.

Dorothy

P.S. I am really glad it went well, I would of hated for it to of been a bad expierience.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I am alive today because people donate blood. Thank you.

• bem
    bem

((((((Rebel8)))))) Thanks so much for adding your comment will make all of us feel great and give incentive to others to go give blood.

Dorothy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit