What is your rating?

by billyboy 35 Replies latest jw friends

• serendipity
    serendipity

I'm a 3. I still believe the basic doctrines, disagree with blood, df'ing/shunning, high control tactics, extreme emphasis on unity of thought. Appalled by the lack of love. Maybe, I'm a 3.5.

• JAVA
    JAVA

Interesting topic. Any high-control religious group offers members friendship and a community. The price for cult friendship and community is always the same--unquestioned belief in their dogma. Questioning is always a sign of spiritual weakness, and if it continues, there is hell to pay.

The number 10 is far too kind for religious cults, but put me down for 10. In the end cults do more harm than good--unless a follower is willing to put his/her head in the sand and never question. To be sure, there are some poor souls like that, and the Tower is more than willing to lead the blind. However, many folks start to slowly awaken, and the Watchtower Society shows its true colors.

• Buster
    Buster

Carmel: I thought this would be about credit scoring, too.

But lets see, a cult that has killed a baby at my hall, covered up the molesters of two people I know, pray and preach inceassantly that I and my family are soon to be erradicated (just around the corner, I understand) ... Put me down for a "10."

• LDH
    LDH
    I'm about 2.5 - somewhat disillusioned , keen for reforms in certain areas but broadly accepts the teachings and loves the lifestyle. Would never leave.

That's what they all say.....

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone

I don't believe it anymore. Not at all. I agree that everyone should be allowed to believe what they want, but in actuality, the WTS does not allow people to believe what they want. There are JWs who believe it, but there are just as many like all of us, I think, who don't believe it and don't want to be a JW anymore, but who are trapped, for whatever reason - family, friends, kids who they would lose contact with if they left.

So, I guess I'm about a 6. Or maybe a 7. No, maybe an 8... hehe .

GGG

• TallTexan
    TallTexan

10+....if I could pull a "Fight Club" ending for the WTS buildings I probably would....

If they would own up to their lies and mistakes and allow people to make a choice knowing those things, then I'd probably drop to a 5.....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit