My Dad died this evening

by Mulan 135 Replies latest jw friends

• anewme
    anewme

(((Mulan))),
    It is always hard to lose a loving parent no matter how old we are.
    It has been ten years and I still miss my dear father fiercely at times.

• unique1
    unique1

So sorry to hear that. (((Hugs)))

• Agnes
    Agnes

I don't post very often Mulan, but I have always enjoyed reading your posts. You seem like such a kind and generous person and I am so sorry to hear of your loss and sadness. Please accept my sincere condolences. Agnes

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss.
    You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

CountryGuy

• Boxed elder bugs
    Boxed elder bugs

My dad is 93 and in an assisted care living home with dementia. Our relationship died when I quit the witnesses in the late 70's. My thoughts and prayers go with you. I can feel your pain.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Thank you everyone. Your words mean more than I can tell you.

Navigator, you said <<Thank God that he is free at last from this imprisoning body! >>..................that is brilliantly worded. Exactly how I feel now. It's still really hard dealing with the finality of death.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

"It's still really hard dealing with the finality of death."

Mulan,

So sorry for you and your family, and I so agree with your statement above. I lost my dad when he was 34 years old and I was 19 months. Never knew him and have no memory of him. You have wonderful memories, I'm sure, and they will be especially important now. I send my love and deepest sympathy.

S4

• bebu
    bebu

My sincerest condolences to you, ((((((mulan))))).

I am thankful to know that your father lived a full life, and even with dementia was able to enjoy his last years. How wonderful that you could be involved in his life so regularly.

My thoughts and prayers go with you.

bebu

• lostlantern
    lostlantern

I am sorry to hear about your loss.

• Soledad
    Soledad

My deepest sympathy Marilyn

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit