My Dad died this evening

by Mulan 135 Replies latest jw friends

• Mulan
    Mulan

I thought I would let you know that my Dad, passed away a little while ago, tonight, January 23. They called me at 6PM to tell me. He had been failing rapidly for the past month, and had completely lost his hearing and was totally blind. The dementia was extreme too, and he still knew me on Thursday, but didn't wake up to know me in the following days. He was not in any pain and just went to sleep and didn't wake up. He was 92 on December 11, and his caregivers had a little party for him. He was still doing well that day and enjoyed himself very much. Many of our family were there too. His health began to go downhill later in December when he got pneumonia, and another nasty infection. I am so sad but I know it's a blessing really. He was inside a little prison with no thinking ablility and no senses. My life has been very involved in his care for many years, even though he was in a special home for the past year, but still I saw him all the time and took him places. I will miss him so much. Just sharing.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Love and heartfelt condolences, Mulan

~Merry

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

(((Mulan)))

I'm sorry. Grieve however you feel inclined. In case you need someone to talk to there are plenty of willing ears and sympathetic hearts here, mine included.

AuldSoul

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

((((Mulan))))

I am so sorry to hear of your loss of your father. It sounds like he enjoyed the last few months of his life. And you can have those special memories of him because you were so involved with his care.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Mulan, My thoughts are with you as you face this heartache.

Decki

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

I'm so sorry for your loss.

love, willow

• prophecor
    prophecor

My Heart To You & Your Family Marilyn.

• oldflame
    oldflame

I aam so sorry mulan, Gods blessing upon your family....

• Scully
    Scully

(((( Mulan ))))

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

I am so sorry for your loss.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit