"Whilst the bible is important, the Watchtower is God's main way of communicating with people today"

by stuckinarut2 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cofty
    cofty

This takes it to a whole new level.

Stunning! I hope they get more and more extreme. There are plenty who will be reaching their limit of tolerance.

• Heaven
    Heaven

About 30 years ago, I asked both my parents at the same time the following question:

"Is God directing the Watchtower?"

At exactly the same time, my Dad answers "No." and my Mom answers "Yes."

You shoulda seen the "Holy Shiite!" look that passed between them. It was priceless.

You see to me, this is THE essential question. It doesn't really matter whether the answer is Yes or No because either answer nullifies the authenticity of this group.

If the answer is "Yes" this flows into a whole line of questioning about why God keeps changing the truth with 'nu lite'. If you claim to have truth about something but then change this understanding, you certainly didn't have truth to begin with. And this leads to questioning the organization having truth now and why God just can't give them the truth to begin with. One can only conclude God is f'ing with them and/or this group is so dense they can't understand what God is saying to them. I, for one, am uninterested in belonging to any group that God wants to treat this way and/or that these leaders are so incompetent that they can't understand a thing being 'said' to them and can't get anything right the first time.

If the answer is No, then what's the point in following this group? They are just another religion with their hand in your wallet, making you feel like crap because you can never do enough for them. And God is certainly NOT with them.

• sowhatnow
    sowhatnow
    they can put that in print because they know the bible to be a mans book of needless knowlege
  • DJS
    DJS

Thank(s) Heaven,

Very nice point. When I was a Dub I always wondered why the light had to get brighter and brighter. If the wizard is a wizard who will serve (soive @Cowardly Lion), can't she simply make it clear, crystal clear, the first time?

The Dark Lords became masters of spin, which was necessary to explain how the changes in doctrine and teachings were now the absolute truth, even though the previous doctrine and teachings were also the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

As you correctly state, Heaven, either god isn't very bright, the Dark Lords aren't very bright, or neither speak the others' language. They need relationship counseling.

• sunny23
    sunny23
    Still at it I suppose. I will have to add this one to the list of other WTBS superiority claims I found http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/topic/271792/dont-question-god-aka-governing-body
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

I know this isn't really new info. I just thought they would be more subtle.

Of course the Bible is a confusing conglomeration of old scrolls, decided upon by people who wanted to be the boss of everyone. So it makes sense that a special class must exist to interpret it.

I could be so rich, if only I was a deluded a-hole who didn't mind playing on the fears of my fellow man. Oh well, I guess it's just not meant to be.

DD

• Magnum
    Magnum
    The speaker said: "let me read this from the outline:"

I remember instructions indicating that we weren't supposed to do that - to mention the outline. I don't know whether they were in print or whether I received them orally at some kind of meeting.

• Half banana
    Half banana

For the speaker to quote the outline, it is as if he couldn’t believe such a statement himself and didn’t think his audience would either...so he thought it needed to be read verbatim.

• blondie
    blondie

I have 2 similar stories:

2 new elders were at an elders meeting to discuss an issues. Both of them had carefully developed scriptural responses. When the first one started out, he was interrupted by an older elder saying, "Young brother, we don't have time to discuss the scriptures. Everything we need to know is in this book (as he held up the elders manual).

Then at the WT study the conductor asked, "What do we base our beliefs on?" as he took hold of the WT to hold it up. The COBOE put his hand up so fast and grabbed them mike and said, "The Bible" (as the COBOE held up his bible and the conductor put down the WT).,

If the WT says something different now, I can see how quickly "light" changes in the WTS.

• Giordano
    Giordano
    1. Quote: "It should be expected that the Lord would have a means of communication to his people on the earth, and he has clearly shown that the magazine called The Watchtower is used for that purpose," (1939 Yearbook of Jehovah's Witnesses, p. 85).
    2. "We all need help to understand the Bible, and we cannot find the Scriptural guidance we need outside the 'faithful and discreet slave' organization," (Watchtower, Feb. 15, 1981).
    3. "From time to time, there have arisen from among the ranks of Jehovah's people those, who, like the original Satan, have adopted an independent, faultfinding attitude...They say that it is sufficient to read the Bible exclusively, either alone or in small groups at home. But, strangely, through such 'Bible reading,' they have reverted right back to the apostate doctrines that commentaries by Christendom's clergy were teaching 100 years ago . . " (Watchtower, Aug. 15, 1981).
    4. https://carm.org/watchtower-organization-control-jehovahs-witnesses

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit