"Whilst the bible is important, the Watchtower is God's main way of communicating with people today"

by stuckinarut2 45 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Island Man
    Island Man
    Actually, what is unbelievable is that I keep saying that word on such a regular basis.
    I said it about the "singing cart" and now here I am saying "unbelievable!" again.

I know right. It's utterly unbelievable that Watchtower is able to keep sinking to new depths of cultishness after each episode that causes one to say "unbelievable!"

• Bungi Bill
    Bungi Bill

Further extension of the story they used to tell "that "Christendom has been reading the Bible for centuries, and it hasn't done them much good!

Bill

• Island Man
    Island Man
    "Whilst the bible is important, the Watchtower is God's main way of communicating with people today"

You know how people rub their eyes to make sure they're seeing correctly when they see something strange? Well after hearing that I would have made it a point to very conspicuously rub my ears to signal to others around me in the K.H. that I'm wondering if I'm hearing correctly. LOL.

• Jonathan Drake
    Jonathan Drake
    I want and need this in print, from them.
  • steve2
    steve2

That may be one of the more brazen assertions of the GB's indispensability compared tp the "mere" Bible, but that notion of putting greater importance on the modern channel than on "God's Word" is not new - and harks back to the hubristic claims of their white-bearded founder, Chuck Russell.

Others will know the exact quote I am recalling: Russell intoned that 'It would be better to rely on the writings of the Watchtower Society alone than to read the Bible alone' (that Russell was the chief author of the Watchtower points to the level of hubris at work in his claim).

High claims warrant high scrutiny - but even a cursory review of Russell's many claims show what a stupid charlatan he was.

Similarly, as time passes and claims of exclusivity of "truth" dispensing evaporate under scrutiny, we are reminded of the crazy ease with which men bolster their stinky words with modern-day equivalents of "Thus saith the Lord" assertions. Go stink up the air elsewhere guys.

Let the aisles start rolling with laughter to match those of the masses who have already left this typical man-made religion that inspires, not respect, but derision.

• jhine
    jhine

Jonathan Drake............ditto

And unbelievable! Or in the words of the immortal Victor Meldrew

" I don't believe it "

Jan

• DJS
    DJS

The GB/FDS are Delusional Narcissists with a Special Relationship with god and Special Knowledge of all things scripture and prophecy. That's who they are, and that will never change. That's one of the reasons I don't believe real change will ever occur. How do you humble someone that fits this profile?

Bob Seger had a similarly phrased classic: "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."

I agree with those who would like to see this in official print. Sharing this across the world wide web would help to show the world what delusion clowns these guys are.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Seriously???!!!!!..

Some of you didn`t know what the WBT$ has been TEACHING for "GENERATIONS??!!!!..

THE WATCHTOWER HAS ALWAYS BEEN MORE IMPORTANT THAN THE BIBLE..

THERE`S NOT ONE OF YOU..

THAT CAN UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE,WITHOUT THE WATCHTOWER!

THE BIBLE IS USELESS TO YOU,WITHOUT THE WATCHTOWER..

I was really surprised when I found out,the WBT$ stopped serving meals at Assemblies..(I had been out a long time)

This is way better..LOL!!..

Honestly Guys.....This "ISN`T" New Information..

• stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

I have no idea what the talk title was sorry, but it started off strangely, and seemed to get weirder....

I actually wonder if it was the speaker going rouge? He was a charismatic visiting brother that I haven't seen before.....

I wonder if the elders checked up on that point after, or just swallowed it like the rest of the cong?

• DJS
    DJS

Astute or naturally suspicious elders and others will almost always recognize rogue comments. They often form the topics for conversations. Like a lot of you, I tried to include non-approved GB comments in my audience comments and public talks more and more as I became disillusioned with the Dark Lords.

The other elders didn't mention them to me, likely because it was clear the comment was accurate and probably because they lacked some backbone. Of course it all finally came to a head, but I'm the one who forced the issue.

I read that some are continuing this dangerous but exciting game. I won't talk you out of it, but there isn't a happy ending at the end of this path. Would I do it again? Most definitely. And I didn't have the world wide web and all of its religious exposing glory - or any other like-minded individuals sick of the Dark Lords - to rely on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit