Spelling and grammar why?

by skyman 13 Replies latest social humour

• skyman
    skyman

So many of you feel the need to slam a poster for spelling errors and grammar. Does it make you feel big and smart?

Don't assume that you are, for example I have taken two comprehension IQ test not the simple internet IQ test but the real IQ test and have received in detail my break down. I tested at 160 in comprehension and math skills but only 100 in language skills which gave me an average of 130. So it makes me laugh at people that feel the need to put some one down for spelling or grammar. Did you know that Einstein had a hard time spelling but yet he was one of the smartest men that has ever lived.

People don't assume that person is dumb because of his grammar or spelling. I bet some of you here are so paranoid that you type everything down in WORD then copy and paste. To me that is a waste of time but they do this so you wont slam them.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    Does it make you feel big and smart?

I have taken two comprehension IQ test not the simple internet IQ test but the real IQ test and have received in detail my break down. I tested at 160 in comprehension and math skills but only 100 in language skills which gave me an average of 130.

LOL

• jeeprube
    jeeprube
    People don't assume that person is dumb because of his grammar or spelling. I bet some of you here are so paranoid that you type everything down in WORD then copy and paste. To me that is a waste of time but they do this so you wont slam them.

Let me start by saying that I am the worlds worst speller, and I am only now relearning proper grammer. If college English classes have taught me anything, it's that people equate your education level with your grammatical and prose abilities. No, poor grammer and spelling do not mean your are ignorant, they merely point out your lack of education.

• JH
    JH

Spelling isn't really that important

I cdnuolt blveiee that I cluod

uesdnatnrd what I was rdanieg

The phaonmneal pweor of the

human mind Aoccdmig to

rscheearch taem at Cmabrigde

Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in

what order the ltteers in a word

are, the only iprmoatnt thing is

that the frist and lsat ltter be in

the rghit pclae.

• nilfun
    nilfun

I'm not sure who you saw being slammed for spelling and grammar errors, but certainly hope it wasn't anyone who was on the site for some support. I personally haven't really seen anything like that happen, and I hope it never does .. consider the possibility that their spelling/grammar mightn't be the best due to the fact that they and/or their parents were misled by an organization that marginalizes education. They might have been cheated out of a good education by being homeschooled "JW style"...

• skyman
    skyman

For many of us that grew up JW we did not take the extra English classes in high school let alone go to college. Armagedon was going to be upon us long before we ever had a chance to grew up. I grew up in the 70's and early 80's we had one English classes we had to complete in high school and it was English literature and that was it. I personally can read around 800 words a minute with 90% comprehension but I have a hard time with spelling and grammar. Before I started post here I never in over twenty years ever had to worry about grammar or spelling. This board has made me quit aware of it now. I feel so sorry for some of the other posters that continually get slammed. I have been slammed only a few times but some of you are down right mean to some of the other poster. This board has been great for my typing and improving my spelling and grammar.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Spelling errors are avoidable due to the existence of spell checkers but if someone makes some errors there is no need to make it an issue, English spelling is so chaotic and unphonetic.

• VM44
    VM44

aye kah nought spll aht awl.

--VM

• PMJ
    PMJ

WELL SAID EVERY ONE

• MegaDude
    MegaDude
    this board has made me quit aware of it now

Not that aware, Einstein.

Quite. Q-U-I-T-E.

in Christian love,

Megs*

*of the "have to edit my own posts at least once and sometimes twice to get all the syntax errors out" class

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit