Shunned on my home turf for the first time!

by AlmostAtheist 35 Replies latest jw friends

• blindersoff
    blindersoff
    It made me feel anxious and uncomfortable. Not sure exactly why.

Because it is a very unnatural way for decent humans to treat each other. Your feelings are very understandable.

Thurs night we came in to the KH during the song. We took seats toward the back, trying to be good. The person in front of us picked up her things and moved to another part of the KH. This is the 2nd meeting in a row the same person did this. The first time I thought there must be some other reason, but now I have to assume it is her way of showing her Christian love. Can we say Pharisee?

B

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

Dave,

lol, that was brilliant brilliant brilliant about the champange.... great stuff man.

shunning will always be stressful, because they are apes in suits, and you are a human. totally different mental spaces. it's a shocker, i know.

but again, like the others have said: congrats! you and Gina rock.

TS

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass

NICE! Lay the rules; your home is your home, and if they're not going to respect you there, they're not welcome.

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Just so it's clear, the shunning didn't actually occur inside my house. I don't think Uncle was willing to sully his shoes on my apostate carpet. The shunning was in my friend's empty house, as we disconnected and loaded the appliances.

My wife was on the phone with my mother-in-law the next day. MIL said that both and she and FIL love me, and it breaks his heart to not be able to have open conversation with me. This is doubly crazy considering that from my perspective his god doesn't even exist. So he's upsetting me and tearing himself up over ... nothing. Nothing at all. And if I'm right, he'll never know. He'll live his little enclosed life, he'll die a pauper, and that will be that. A rotting corpse whose only legacy is that it never really lived.

Damn.

Dave

• willowmoon
    willowmoon

Or........ the love for his daughter, you, and humanity might win out,

he could wake up

there's always hope.

Keep the champagne chilled just in case.

willow

• justsomedude
    justsomedude
    shunning will always be stressful, because they are apes in suits, and you are a human.

Thats the funniest thing Ive read in days.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit