Shunned on my home turf for the first time!

by AlmostAtheist 35 Replies latest jw friends

• onesong
    onesong

Congrats Almostatheist--there ain't nuthin like your first shunnin'

Cheers!

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>LET RIP LIKE THE GODS!!! and say: 'ignore that you fugger'.

Oh that's priceless! I'm so in love with that!

Thanks, Guys. I guess I honestly, truly, just did not know what "shunning" was. Or more correctly, I didn't know what it meant to experience shunning. It's a hugely degrading experience.

Anyone that wants to shun me can pretty much go to hell.

Dave

• garybuss
    garybuss

I pity the poor SOB who is stupid enough to shun my wife in my presence. I'd take him by the collar and belt and throw his Witness ass out on the street.

• NowImFree
    NowImFree

Dave,

I don't think anyone of us could ever get used to this kind of treatment, no matter how you try to prepare yourself. It is very dehumanizing and infuriating. My JW sister came up to visit my father (he is not a witness) and he begged her to let me come out to dinner with them but she refused. I wished he had refused to go then as well but he didn't which kind of annoyed me. Of course she was practicing the old (don't even eat with such a person) command which the JWs twist from a scripture. It's funny how that scripture was talking about someone who had slept with his mother! How is me leaving the organization because I think they are false compared to somebody in the bible committing incest with his mother (or step mother) and being proud of it?

I go through phases, sometimes I am angry and resentful about how they treat me and other times I feel sorry for them. But at the time they are treating you like this and acting all self righteous and cold, it is so unbelievably disgusting.

I can relate to how you feel. If it was me, I would never allow them to come over and treat me like that again. I would make it very clear that if they can't be respectful and decent, they best not come over. They don't have to agree but that doesn't give them the right to treat people that have left their religion with disrespect and in a dehumanizing (and totally unchristian) way.

NowImFree

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Funny the things we end up celebrating.

**cheers**

meagan

• Poztate
    Poztate
    I'm thinking seriously about cutting these people out of my life altogether. They may simply not be worth the trouble.

If people treated me like I didn't exist I am more than happy to return the favour to them.

The Borg controls their minds.They can never be a true friend to you.

*clink!*

Dave

O.K..... HIC..
  • Mary
    Mary
    We could mention that we don't want anyone to come along that will shun us, but they'd probably slip into JW-persecution mode and say that they shouldn't come either, then

Tell them that if they can't behave any better than the Pharisees did, then don't bother coming around AT ALL. A friend of mine is going to do this. They still get Dubs coming up to their store and last week, an elder came in and just looked at her, said a very stiff "hello" and then ignored her totally while he went and spoke to another young Dub who works in the store. Next time it happens, she's telling him that if he can't treat her properly, to get the hell out and don't ever come back.

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Bummer......................................................

Snoozy Q

• Snoozy
    Snoozy

Big time Bummer.............................................

Snoozy Q

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Cheers, Dave!

Frannie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit