Feb KM - Jesus' ransom

by Bumble Bee 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee
    Reflecting upon what the ransom means for us personally intensifies our heartfelt love for God and his Son and motivates us to exert ourselves in doing God's will.—Gal. 2:20.

Gal 2:20 (NWT)

I am impaled along with Christ. It is no longer I that live, but it is Christ that is living in union with me. Indeed, the life that I now live in flesh I live by the faith that is toward the Son of God, who loved me and handed himself over for me.

The above is a quote from the Feb KM, page 3 par 2 (http://www.reexamine.org/OKM/feb2006.pdf)

If the average non-anointed JW are outside of the NT, what would Jesus' ransom mean for them?

BB

• Bumble Bee
    Bumble Bee

Oh! I just noticed another point in par 1

Last year, millions displayed a measure

of faith by joining us in obeying Jesus'

command: "Keep doing this in remembrance

of me." (Luke 22:19)

What do they mean by "a measure of faith"?????

BB

• minimus
    minimus

Since they're not anointed, they can only give a "measure of faith". Anointed ones give it all.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

While we are on the topic of obeying commands....What about the "not judging" one? Or the "forgiving" command? They were never investigated, observed, or even questioned. it is like they seen them as insane orders or something. It amazes me they are serious about the command that they pass stuff around showing superiority over others.(Which they have twisted) But never thought about the most important ones, dismissing them as orders for the lowly sheep to follow? I'll bet Jesus is pissed. They could have at least questioned them. I did.

• Bonnie_Clyde
    Bonnie_Clyde

10 min: Are You Keeping Pace With Jehovah's Organization? A talk based on Organized to Do Jehovah's Will, pages 7-10.

Can anyone post what pages 7-10 say?

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    What do they mean by "a measure of faith"?????

because they came to the memorial, they are showing a measure of faith. They may not be full fledged witnesses, or may be inactive. Therefore they are not displaying a full faith. If they were they would be doing all of the dubby things, not just going to memorial

• Honesty
    Honesty

This is sick.

Create Opportunities to Preach

3 If circumstances often keep you at home, have you tried witnessing by telephone or by letter? One sister regularly writes to non-Witness family members. She includes encouraging thoughts from the Bible and experiences she has had while witnessing.

What does she say about Jesus and how He has changed her life?

4. At the workplace, our simply keeping a copy of the Bible Teach book where others can see it may prompt questions and lead to a witness.

Why not a copy of your Bible?

Maybe, just maybe some of them will wake up and see the lies before they waste their lives in this cult of horror.

• IronClaw
  • Woodsman
    Woodsman

You are right on. The WTS consistently applies scriptures that are meant for annointed Christians to the Great Crowd. The reason is simple. There is no scriptural depiction of a large group of non annointed Christians in the Bible so they have to "steal" scriptures directed at the annointed.

There is no scriptural reason or intructions to do this. It is absurd.

• Woodsman
    Woodsman

You really have to wonder if when the average witness reads Gal 2:20 do they say, " Hey that doesn't apply to me". These are the things that finally brought me to my senses.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit