Feb KM - Jesus' ransom

by Bumble Bee 14 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• jgnat
    jgnat

This simple rule of thumb helps:

If it is a bible instruction or admonition in the New Testament, it applies equally to all Jehovah's Witnesses.

All New Testament promises, however, apply fully only to the 144,000, and to the "other sheep" only by close association with the Annointed.

• greendawn
    greendawn

That's another way to make them more dependent on the supposedly annointed GB. They can't get anywhere without them, yet Jesus deals directly with all his followers not through any annointed JWs.

• Ténébreux
    Ténébreux
    What do they mean by "a measure of faith"?????

It basically means "Okay that's a good start, but now to prove your faith properly you really need to be out there knocking on doors for us."

• reaper
    reaper

So many scriptures were glossed over when we were in the 'mind numbing' borg. When we read the same scriptures with the Holy Spirit guiding us, we now realise that those verses apply to ALL Born Again believers.

In that latest book you put on the forum, it quoted Philippians 2, and yet they totaly ignored the fact that Paul was saying that EVERY knee would bend or bow to Jesus who has been given a name ABOVE every other name.

They put Jesus down all the time, by that type of writing, instead of praising and honouring the King.

The Mediatorship issue really amazes me, when virtually every JW will say his/her Mediator is Jesus, and yet the Society say he's only the Mediator between the anointed class and Yahweh. So the rank and file do not even know they are being decieved.

• Rooster
    Rooster
    What do they mean by "a measure of faith"?????

Jesus never said to gather together and watch others drink wine and eat bread. There is no such group or class of people that are anointed today. We are all just brothers and sisters with faith in Jesus as our High priest & King. This identifying of some as anointed has created class distinctions.

"Who of YOU is there that has a slave plowing or minding the flock who will say to him when he gets in from the field, ‘Come here at once and recline at the table’? 8 Rather, will he not say to him, ‘Get something ready for me to have my evening meal, and put on an apron and minister to me until I am through eating and drinking, and afterward you can eat and drink’? 9 He will not feel gratitude to the slave because he did the things assigned, will he? 10 So YOU, also, when YOU have done all the things assigned to YOU, say, ‘We are good-for-nothing slaves. What we have done is what we ought to have done.’"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit