Schizm, Scholar and other WT defenders

by 2112 58 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PMJ
    PMJ

ACKACK PLEASE STOP CALLING ME A TROLL.YOU SOUND LIKE A LITTLE CHILD CALLING ANOTHER CHILD NAMES.PLUS YOU DONT NO ME FROM ADAM.SO PLEASE BE SILENT

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    The best example of circular reasonong is that nonsense presented as the Jonsson hypothesis in Gentile Times Reconsidered, 2004 by apostate Carl O. Jonsson followed by the posts of Jethro trying to present another alternative chronology.

Wow 4 negatives in 1 sentence. Like father, like son.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    The best example of circular reasoning is that nonsense presented as the Jonsson hypothesis in Gentile Times Reconsidered, 2004 by apostate Carl O. Jonsson followed by the posts of Jethro trying to present another alternative chronology.

I am a little concerned that 'scholar' is typing with a lisp. I think he should get that checked.

• scholar
    scholar

Jeffro

Perhaps you can clear up the mystery in the Jonsson hypothesis as to whether there are 18 lines of evidence or seventeen lines of evidence supposedly establishing Neo-Babylonian chronology.

scholar JW

• yesidid
    yesidid
    whether there are 18 lines of evidence or seventeen lines of evidence supposedly establishing Neo-Babylonian chronology.

If it was only one or two it would be one or two more than the WTS can come up with.

17 or 18 that is really impressive. Go Carl go.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Ahh, a thread featuring ME! I hadn't noticed it until just now.

First off, I'd like to commend Hellrider and the others that have shown PMJ the respect that he deserves. For you that have been unkind to him, you should have your asses kicked, literally!

Now, about my "attacking people," the following post pretty much explains my position on the issue:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/10/105318/1843824/post.ashx#1843824

One thing that I've noticed repeatedly, on here at JWD as well as at other sites, is that the anti-WTS ones (which are by far in the majority) rarely notice it when one of their number replies to a WT apologist in an insulting way, or in an intentionally provocative manner. Another thing that I've noticed is that other than in this particular thread here (where PMJ has been treated nice by some of you) I've never EVER witnessed a single one of you coming to the aid of a WT appologist who has been insulted. Whereas you're all too ready to scream bloody murder if one of your own gets insulted. Wonder why that is? Bias? You bet it is!

Just something for all to think about.

Schizm

• yesidid
    yesidid

I must agree. There is absolutely no reason to be rude to PMJ. English is not his first language and he is not yet up to speed

on internet manners. But then who is? After all, who of us, did not at one time support the WBTS just as he is doing now.

Give him time and empathy. That's not too much to ask.

• Jeffro
    Jeffro

Schizm,

Now, about my "attacking people," the following post pretty much explains my position on the issue

I have to say I am just a little disappointed. I apologised for employing sarcasm in describing a theory of yours, though you made several statements that were direct insults against me personally. Immediately after accepting my apology (though not actually offering one in return), in your very next post, you make yourself appear the victim.

The "attacks" were as follows:

I said your theory was "little", and that you were "desperately trying to see a meaning that isn't there". These relatively benign sarcastic remarks (for which I apologised) were countered with "the world has to admit that I [Schizm] have a nack for causing people like you to demonstrate who they really were when claiming to be one of Jehovah's Witnesses", that I was "claiming to be something while hiding", and that I am a "hypocrite". Because I disagree with your theory, you said that I have "no appreciation for spiritual matters", and likened me to a "dog". You then sarcastically stated without basis that there are a "LOT of things that prove to be "unclear" to you..."

I responded that your view of facts was distorted, referring to your libelous suppositions about my character. I pointed out that you had been hypocritical in your manner and conduct, and remarked that "I hope you have something a little more concrete next time". To these comments, you rudely responded that "It doesn't take much to see thru a person that's as transparent as you are". At that point, I gave you a warning that if you post only insults with no actual subject matter, I would inform the admins.

I pointed out that a translation you offered was not a first-hand translation of Greek text, and that you had not furnished proof for your point, to which you told me that your explanation "went over your little pointed head".

Awaiting your apology in good faith.

I am glad to see that you all have responded to this thread. Schizm, I will agree that there are some ex-dubs that do attact you guys, I was sarcastic towards you myself, and I agree that it is wrong. I apologize for that. But if you will be honest with youself, you will know that we recieved that training from the WT. We were taught , just as you have been and continue to be, that any person that is not a JW worships Satan, and desirves death. The only redeming qualities any non JW's have is that they might become one. You are to view ex JW's as dead, but only because you can not legally put us to death. So it is for these reasons that some people attack you guys personally. That, however does not excuse it.

Now back to the thread..................do you guys have a topic, scripture, WT doctrine, or non WT doctrine you want to discuss?

• Jeffro
    Jeffro
    I WAS A REBAL WHEN I WAS YOUGER

PMJ deserves the same amount of respect as other posters, but he does admit that he is at least partially responsible for his poor education, so it is not fair that everyone be expected to tip-toe around him for his mistakes either, and I think he acknowledges that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit