JW Pedophile Refuses DNA Test

by Saoirse 40 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• rebel8
    rebel8

There is no email addy I can find online for the judge, but here is the other contact info:

Hon. Billy Joe Landrum, Eighteenth Circuit Court District, Route 1 Box 955, Ovett, Mississippi 39464
    Voice: 428-4572, Fax: 428-3189, E-Mail:

• rebel8
    rebel8

Here is the letter I'm sending. Feel free to copy the entire thing and send it yourself.

Hon. Billy Joe LandrumEighteenth Circuit Court District

Route 1, Box 955

Ovett, MS 39464 USA

Dear Judge Landrum:

I am writing to you concerning the case involving Laurel City Councilman Joseph Glenn Jones and accusations that he has engaged in sexual activity with minor children. The media reports that Mr. Jones has refused to cooperate with DNA testing on religious grounds, based upon his status as a current Jehovah's Witness.

Please be advised that Jehovah's Witnesses do not have any religious beliefs prohibiting, or objecting to in any way, blood tests. This can be verified at their official web site: http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2003/5/8/article_02.htm

Please be advised that it is not possible for Mr. Jones to be a current Jehovah's Witness. Jehovah's Witness males are not allowed to vote, let alone hold political office. Any Jehovah's Witness male engaging in such activities would be excommunicated from the religion, shunned, and have all privileges and contact revoked. You may verify this utilizing the following references:

Pay Attention to Yourselves and to All the Flock,

a rulebook for Jehovah's Witness elders, online at http://dbhome.dk/carlo/unit5a.htm. Jehovah's Witnesses consider political involvement of any kind to be a "non-neutral activity". The same page later describes the procedure for excommunicating (disfellowshipping) such a person.

The Watchtower Society is the mother organization of Jehovah's Witnesses. Their official web site details their rule against voting and political involvement at http://www.watchtower.org/library/w/2003/3/1/article_02.htm.

Jehovah's Witnesses in Malawi were given a directive by the Watchtower Society to refuse to even purchase a political party membership card. This resulted in many deaths, rapes, and torture. Despite that, they were told to adhere to this rule. This is thoroughly discussed in the book Crisis of Conscience, by Raymond Franz, and that book gives a list of Watchtower Society's literature that verifies this stance and the situation in Malawi.

I encourage you not to be duped by this disingenuous attempt by Mr. Jones to escape the rightful consequences of his actions.

Sincerely,

xxxxxxxx

P.S. I am not signing my full name because Jehovah’s Witnesses shun anyone who speaks against them. If this letter inadvertently got into their hands, my family would never speak to me again.

• rebel8
    rebel8

PS--I said "JW males" in reference to the voting thing because JW females are allowed to vote if their husband orders them to.

Don't forget the new postage rate for letters--$0.39.

If you're sending a letter, try to get it in the mail asap so the judge will get them soon! FYI, the post office refused to mail things for me if I didn't reveal my return address recently. Just be aware that a judge may not receive mail without a return addy because it looks suspicious. Just a little word to the wise there......... wink wink I am too busy today to do any more, but I hope someone will contact the reporter, look harder for an email addy for the judge/DA, etc. IMO this is a good opportunity to hasten this molester's incarceration.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Not to the Judge - to the paper or the prosecutor! The judge is supposed to be impartial. He'll only listen to the evidence in court. J. Ronald Parrish care of the 18th District of the Mississippi District Attorney's Office [email protected]

P.O. Box 313
    Laurel, MS 39441
    (601) 649-4606
    Fax (601) 428-3191

http://www.msda9.com/dadir/

• blondie
    blondie

Seeing that he is currently holding an elective office, I find it hard to believe that he is an active JW in good standing. He could have been raised in a JW family and never been baptized; or he could have been baptized but been inactive for some time and not known as a JW and the elders have not df'd him; or he could have been baptized but df'd for getting involved in politics.

It is an old and out-dated JW policy not to have blood drawn for testing. That went out in the 1950's. Not that some individual JWs might not say they won't have it done, I don't think it is official WTS policy any more.

Blondie

*** w78 6/15 p. 30 Questions from Readers ***

Would

it be wrong to submit to a blood test?
    Based on their knowledge of the Scriptures, most of Jehovah’s Witnesses, if not all, do not object to such tests. The small quantity of blood removed from the body is not eaten or injected into someone else. It is merely examined or tested before being disposed of.—Deut. 15:23.
  • IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

They should cut off his peter..

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Roger that Blondie,none the less the WT has done such an ineffective job of educating the general population on JW beliefs that 95% of readers will think this is standard operating procedure for JW's. As they say in show business 'any (bad) news is good news' i love it when the WTS gets bad news.

----------------- Jehovah's Witnesses are the 'perfect storm' of deception-in a word they are the cult of Innuendo -Danny Haszard Bangor Maine

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Is anybody on the board from there?

Anybody know if he is presently active in a cong?

kdn

• luna2
    luna2

I'll bet any of the congregations in his area are really thrilled that this guy identified himself as a JW. Such an excellent witness to Jehover!

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

UPDATE

Jones Blood sample taken from councilman
    Hattiesburg American, MS - 11 minutes ago
    ... Jones wrote on the court order signed by Jones County Circuit Judge Billy Joe Landrum Thursday that “I am a Jehovah Witness since birth. ... Blood sample taken from councilman
    By Nikki Davis Maute [email protected] American Staff Writer

LAUREL – A sample of jailed Laurel City Councilman Joseph Glenn Jones’ blood was taken today at an Ellisville clinic. The sample was then driven to ReliaGene Laboratories in New Orleans for DNA testing, said Assistant Jones County District Attorney J. Ronald Parrish.

Parrish would not comment on Jones’ statement – written on the court order Thursday – in which he claimed he was a member of a religion that prevented his giving blood.

Jones wrote on the court order signed by Jones County Circuit Judge Billy Joe Landrum Thursday that “I am a Jehovah Witness since birth. I will consent to anything the law requires. I will obey any law and court order. It is against my religious belief to give or receive blood. This is not a refusal. I am just making those involved aware of my lifelong religious belief and practice.”Jones is being held without bond in the Jones County Jail on sexual battery charges. He is accused of impregnating two girls, a 13-year-old in 1999 and a 14-year-old in 1995. Landrum ordered the jailed councilman on Wednesday to comply with a search warrant prosecutors filed in November seeking the blood sample.

That came after Jones’ attorney questioned the validity of DNA testing that led to Jones’ arrest.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit