got my stopwatch.............

by BlackSwan of Memphis 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    The truth of the matter is they sit on their lazy butts, except when they're standing before their pew-warming flock tickling their ears.

Hmmm...from what I've seen, many of "Christendom's" leaders work harder than many JW elders. Well, let me rephrase that - they work harder at actually helping their flock and not spying on them or reviewing the latest judicial rulings to see who they can df next. I've been in healthcare for 15 years and can count on one hand the number of times I've seen JW elders visit sick members of the cong. Yet the pastors of local churches are up here all the time. Many of them tend daily to church functions. They have prayer groups, they have to prepare their sermons - many times from scratch. No 'public talk outlines' are available for them.

And why do you assume they are 'tickling the ears' of the flock. Because they preach a positive message instead of saying "You will all die unless you sell more books and magazines and everyone else is going to die anyway"? I'm sure some tickle the ears, and I'm sure some are lazy. They just aren't quite as shiftless and useless as you seem to think they are.

• greendawn
    greendawn

Where do you find the word jehovah in the New Testament? And why the religion of the early Christians was centred around Christ rather than jehovah?

• jgnat
    jgnat

Schizm, you are a religious bigot. I am not lazy. I am Christian, and I am sincere, zealous and complete in my belief.

• gumby
    gumby

jgnat...ya little chocolate chip cookie you (wink wink)

Schizm ain't ever seen REAL preachers in real life. He only see's the loonie birds on TV and bases his viewpoints of all preachers on Robert Tilton and little fat black southern baptist radicals from Georgia.

In all honesty Schizm ol' bud, there ARE alot of chubby lazy preachers, but there also many skinny hard working ones too. If you remember correctly, 99.9% of all CO's & D.O.'s were fatasses. Why? Because people treated them like a kitten in a pet store giving them goodies, sisters making their best meal for them, people taking them out to eat all the time. Plus, they did the 'pioneer shuffle' when they did actually walk and you can't get proper exercise doin the pioneer shuffle. Wordly preachers are a bit the same.

Schizm.....I gotta warn ya bout something before the holidays roll around again. If you piss jgnat off too much, she'll send you stuff in the mail and you gotta eat it........so.....you might wanna not piss her off. ....comprendo?

Fruitcake Recipe Gumby

Schizm please tell us that you don't really believe all this you've said. You can say with all confidance that others on this board do not have the determination to do Gods will? Does that not put you in a position of judgment? And I ask you by what means do you judge, and by what standards? The "religious leaders" that you refer to are generally very patriotic.- So, what does that prove? They haven't got the "balls" to live by the Bible's standards! They're cowards, actually, and in a sense "criminals" as well. - Well thank God we have you with your ability to read the hearts of others. Tell us what Bible standards are they not living by.

It's the determination to be doing God's will that shows that a religion is "true". - This is the most subjective thing you could have said to "prove" your point. (Which is exactly why you said it). Who exactly makes the determination weather or not a person or a religion(since you seem to believe that being in a religion, the "Only true religion", is what saves you) is determined to do Gods will. Do you really want to say that you personally know for a fact which religion/religions have the determination to do Gods will. Can you honestly tell me that the mothers of Judas, Stalin, and Hitler loved their sons any less the Mary loved Jesus. Can you say as an undenialable fact that the Buddist monks, the Muslem praying to Allah five times a day, and even the late Mother Theresa are/were not determined to do gods will? - We know you short answers but please enlighten us with your perfict wisdom and explain you answers to us.

If you really believe the Bible and Jesus then, you will have to know that everyone will be judged by Christ as an individual based on their own life, not by what group you belong to.

• mdb
    mdb

Schizm,

As I said up above, Dave: It's the determination to be doing God's will that shows that a religion is "true".

Really, what about the Jews who practice Judaism? They try pretty hard too and are not saved because they deny Jesus Christ as the Messiah. The Scriptures say, "You believe that there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe—and tremble!" (James 2:19)

I'm sure that all religions determine to do their god's will. That doesn't make them "true". Yah, the WTS tries pretty hard, but they're still lost. They have the right God (yhwh), but they've perverted the gospel to their own destruction.

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I've been in healthcare for 15 years and can count on one hand the number of times I've seen JW elders visit sick members of the cong. Yet the pastors of local churches are up here all the time. -- TallTexan.

You forgot to mention the special parking places that are marked off for the Clergy at the hospitals. I've wanted to visit friends at the hospital and couldn't find a parking place, because the only places left were those reserved for the Clergy--and most of them were vacant. The assholes! If they had any decency at all in them they'd tell the hospital administrator that they don't want the special treatment. But they're not going to do that. The assholes!

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I've wanted to visit friends at the hospital and couldn't find a parking place,

lame, lame, lame

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I've wanted to visit friends at the hospital and couldn't find a parking place,
    lame, lame, lame

I never said that I didn't go ahead and visit my sick friends in the hospital. What I did, was park in one of the parking spots designated "Reserved For Clergy".

• Schizm
    Schizm
    I never said that I didn't go ahead and visit my sick friends in the hospital. What I did, was park in one of the parking spots designated "Reserved For Clergy".

Frankly, it would be more appropriate for those parking signs to read:

"Reserved For Assholes (aka Clergy)"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit