got my stopwatch.............

by BlackSwan of Memphis 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

Let's say you have 20 seconds (give or take) to make an impression on a jw. To say something that will stick in their head and make them really think. Because you know, that once they realize you are an apostate, they will shut down anything else that you have to say.

What do you say?

OR

You have one sentence to do the above. What do you write?

I realize that the thing is, some are just searching, and others are more like, well, Scholar. But this is your one shot. How do you simplify it to one statement?

meagan

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Which one of Noahs family was assigned to collect the > 850,000 species of insect and put them in the ark?

• RodentBoy
    RodentBoy

At what cubic capacity is a hominid specimen an ape and at what cubic capacity is a specimen a human?

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

I've seen this work

Get a copy of "THE TIME IS AT HAND". When they come to your door, tell them Jesus said you would be comming. Then show them Luke 21:8 And he said, See to it that you be not misled; for many will come in My name, saying "I am He" and, "The time is at hand"; do not go after them.

D Dog

• mdb
    mdb

If you think that by your religious works and your upholding the laws set before you by an organization that claims to be from God, yet lies to those it controls, then you are condemned already. You need to quit doing religion and start living by faith. Abraham believed God and it was credited to him as righteousness so our righteousness is by faith and not by works. You say you believe God, but you do not believe God because you do not believe the testimony of His Son which is written in the Scriptures. You believe what the Watchtower tells you to believe and have been deceived into thinking you can somehow attain a salvation you cannot attain. Look to Christ, the one true God, and be saved. Even your own mistranslated bible will tell you Jesus is Lord and God, but you won't find it looking through the Watchtower's eyes. Read the Word without the WTS liturature and see what you find. You won't fall into darkness as you've been told, but will stumble into the light.

• jgnat
    jgnat

I've done this a few times online, and it always works.

"I'd never join the Watchtower Society because I have a problem with some of their doctrines."

bait

They then ask, "What do you have a problem with?"

I have an idea what issue might work with that person, as we've already chit chatted a bit. So I pick one that I am passionate about and that I think will make them sweat. It might be:

• Blood doctrine
    • Shunning
    • Christendom is Babylon the Great? Sez who?
    • I am not pagan! We are not unequally yoked.
    • Children are not encouraged to get higher education.
    • WW 1 was all over the news in 1914. Where was Jesus, the clouds, the trumpets and all that brouhaha? Prove to me that Jesus came back in 1914, without using your Bible.

I just pick ONE and I drill it to death.

Oh, yes. Pause, listen to what they are saying, and respond. Make it a dialogue.

• doofdaddy
    doofdaddy

Please tell me the current opinion of the wts on these issues as they change so frequently, I can't keep up!

Is the wts guided by holy spirit or not?

Generation 1914

Time of the end prophecies e.g. King of the north and south

Blood transfusions

Organ transplant and donation

Paying Caesars things to Caesar

Is the U.N. really the wild beast in wts societies eyes?

And on.......

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

"Does Jehovah approve of the deaths of his people over the ever-changing blood policy?"

"Do you feel like everyone else is doing what they should, but you're falling short?"

"If a skeptical person asked you to prove that the modern-day Faithful and Discreet Slave class really was the same one Jesus talked about, how would you do it?"

"Did you know many of the quotes from scientists in the 'Creation' book are taken out of context? Look it up for yourself."

"To what earthly organization did Pastor Russell turn? Who was the Faithful and Discreet Slave just before him?"

"The Watchtower acknowledges that it is not infallible. Hypothetically, is it possible that they have mistakenly identified themselves as the one true religion?"

"Wars, disease, and other ills have declined in recent years. Could the Watchtower be wrong about this being the time of the end?"

"What if you realized you were serving God incorrectly? Hypothetically, how would it affect you?"

Dave

• Elsewhere
  • BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

stopwatch broke......but..

wow, you know good stuff.

finding those points that will make a person think. There is no end to what one could say...

I've thought and thought, if I got one chance to make an impression..there is just so much that bothers me, I don't know that there is one thing that bothers me more then the next. It seems like sometimes all the points that have been made start to intertwine and weave, until the different threads become one pattern that easily id's them.

(I'm saving this page because all the points brought out are really good)

meagan

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit