got my stopwatch.............

by BlackSwan of Memphis 60 Replies latest watchtower bible

• gumby
    gumby

Schizm ol' buddy.....where ya been? You do KNOW your still full of poo poo with regards to your idea on how to please god. You still look to groups as an identifing mark of where christianity lies.

It's the determination to be doing God's will that shows that a religion is "true".

It would have been more correct to say "it's the determination of an "individual" to do gods will.

Actually, if you said that....I'd say "so, it takes determination to please god eh? Your works oriented Schizm,.... all you gotta do is confess jesus and your in... and not view determination as a pre-requiset to salvation". So you see....I don't really know the answer to your comments cuz their ain't one cuz you said stuff wrong as usual.

Gumby

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

What would cause you to decide your religion is wrong, and leave ?

reply: Nothing

Why do you feel comfortable to follow an organization that has convinced you to never re-evaluate you life?

steve

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

When they say they are a JW say" I'm so sorry."

• Schizm
    Schizm
    >>It's the determination to be doing God's will that shows that a religion is "true".

Listen to Mouthy. Listen to greendawn. Listen to you.

Don't you think that you all have a determination to do god's will?

Answer is, no. A person who is determined to do God's will is not biased in their thinking.

Religious leaders are not a singular group of criminals as the Watchtower would leave you to believe.

The "religious leaders" that you refer to are generally very patriotic. They haven't got the "balls" to live by the Bible's standards! They're cowards, actually, and in a sense "criminals" as well.

Just like the governing body, they have massive flocks to watch over and they try their best to keep them within the bounds of their definition of godliness.

The truth of the matter is they sit on their lazy butts, except when they're standing before their pew-warming flock tickling their ears.

If your statement above were true, what meaning could Paul's words have: "They have a zeal for godly devotion, but not according to accurate knowledge"?

So you think a preacher who loves to sit on his lazy butt has a "zeal for godly devotion"?

The Watchtower has repeatedly stated that determination and sincerity are NOT indicators of being in line with god's will.

Simply one more thing that they've been mistaken about.

• gumby
    gumby

"Why are you people so hearless as to believe a little 80 year old Baptist lady who loves the Lord to death, would give her life for him, has spent 60 years serving and worshipping him......will soon be killed by God because she never became a Jehovahs Witness"?

(the only problem is....the witness LIES an tells you" God will judge the little old lady and we are not the judge of her life".)

Gumby

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>Simply one more thing that they've been mistaken about.

Amazing. I'm truly stunned. OK, I get you now, I understand.

Wow.

Dave

• Schizm
    Schizm
    all you gotta do is confess jesus and your in... and not view determination as a pre-requiset to salvation". -- Gumballs.

Let me see if I'm following you correctly, Gumballs. When Satan is loosed at the end of the 1000 years, and he goes out to mislead all the people for one last time, are you saying that if I happen to be one who has merely 'confessed Jesus' then I have nothing to worry about ... that I will survive? It's just that simple? Insofar as my needing to be determined to NOT follow Satan, that was just a figment of my imagination? Man O man, I never realized it would be so easy as that!!! Why thanks, Gumballs, for lightening my load. Now I can go sit on my butt like all the other preachers do. .

• gumby
    gumby
    Let me see if I'm following you correctly, Gumballs.
    When Satan is loosed at the end of the 1000 years
    , and he goes out to mislead all the people for one last time, are you saying that if I happen to be one who has merely 'confessed Jesus' then I have nothing to worry about ... that I will survive? It's just that simple? Insofar as my needing to be determined to NOT follow Satan, that was just a figment of my imagination?

First off Schitzim, you are so dublike still...I can't get over it! How long has it been now since you gained your sanity anyways? Why in the world would you use the scenario you just used to make your point? Why didn't you go into the N.T. and recite the ever so many scriptures that teach of "Grace based on FAITH"......like all the N.T writers speak of? Your bible is confusing to begin with. It teaches those who confess Jesus and believe in him get an adoption as a son when the spirit bears witness with your spirit.....then you have all the scriptues that tell you you better behave or your ass is grass so your gonna be confused forever anyways.

Schizm, many preachers work harder than you ever did as a dub. Many do a lotta crap not so much related to the bible such as the churches "school funtions" choir buisness, and church baloney, ....and a lot of preachers spend a lot of time with members of their flock along with the sermons they give. Many work hard. The pastor of the church I attended also worked a steady job teaching at a christian school that he was paid for. He lives a simple life. Not all are golfing bums.

Gumby

• Schizm
    Schizm
    Schizm, many preachers work harder than you ever did as a dub.

They work harder at EATING, yeah. You can tell that by just looking at their big fat butts, and those chubby little cheeks that most of 'em have. Take that Hagee fellow, for example. Ever see him on TV? Ain't that a sight to behold! And he can't say hardly anything at all without screaming. Guess his audience must be on the deaf side, or soon will be. And, all those little jokes he likes to weave in amongst all his hollering. Funny little fat man, he is. Thinks he knows all about the 4 beasts of Daniel 7, but don't know squat.

You're welcome to attend his services, Gumballs. Just walk on in and tell 'em I said Hagee don't know sh!t from beings beens beans. That ought to give him something half-legitimate to scream about.

• Schizm
    Schizm

Funny joke I lifted from another thread, but revamped it a little:

A Baptist preacher walked into a neighborhood bar. The place was hopping with music and dancing, and the lights were always turning on and off. Each time after the lights would go out the place would erupt into cheers. When the revelers saw the preacher with his Baptist Standard (official church magazine) under his arm, the room went dead silent. So the preacher walked up to the bartender, and asked, "May I please use the restroom?"

The bartender replied, "I really don't think you should."

"Why not?" the preacher asked. "I really need to use a restroom!"

"Well, I don't think you should. There is a statue of a naked woman in there, and she's covered only by a fig leaf."

"Nonsense," said the preacher, "I'll look the other way."

So the bartender showed the preacher the door at the top of the stairs, and he proceeded to the restroom.

After a few minutes, the preacher came back out, and the whole place was hopping with music and dancing again. So the preacher went to the bartender and said, "Sir, I don't understand. When I came in here, the place was hopping with music and dancing. Then the room became absolutely quiet. I went to the restroom, and now the place is hopping again."

"Well, NOW you're one of us." said the bartender. "Would you like a drink too?" "But, I still don't understand," said the puzzled preacher. "You see," laughed the bartender, "every time the fig leaf is lifted on the statue, the lights go out in the whole place. Now, how about a drink?"

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit