WHAT IS QUINTESSENTIALLY ENGLISH?

by Dansk 80 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

MC:

how about 12 pints of lager and a vindaloo?

LOL! I'll pass on that as it's relatively new as regards quintessential - but it's getting there!

I'm not sure about Nina's Marmite, either! I hate the stuff. What do you think?

Ian

• slugga
    slugga

Controversial here but what about the way the English treat international football as extra time for wars that ended decades / centuries ago

England / Scotland / German / France / Argentinian games really bring out the xenophobia in English supporters

• Dansk
    Dansk

Slugga:

Controversial here but what about the way the English treat international football as extra time for wars that ended decades / centuries ago

Definitely controversial and NOT quintessentially English as those you refer to are basically mindless morons stirred on by, dare I say it, newspapers for the less intellectually endowed!

Come to think of it, you've just given me another thought for the list: this time a quality paper:

THE TIMES

• greendawn
    greendawn

Custard, shepard's pie, ale, The Beatles and the Rolling Stones, pubs.

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

COLMAN'S ENGLISH MUSTARD (how much can YOU eat straight from the jar - lol)

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Branston Pickle

HP Sauce (trivia for Americans - know what the HP stands for?)

• greendawn
    greendawn

We forgot something very important and that is cheddar cheese. Scrumpy Jack a kind of crude and strong cider.

Following common sense rather than rigid rules - "That's fair enough"

• Clam
    Clam

Slugga,

Maybe if the Scots got into a major football tournament then they might behave the same way as the English supporters and wind up the "foreigners". But we may never know. . .

<------ extra big smiley.

• slugga
    slugga

Mary Poppins, punch and judy, big ben, the tower of london, hankies on heads, union jack boxer shorts, bulldogs, steed and emma peel

• slugga
    slugga
    Maybe if the Scots got into a major football tournament then they might behave the same way as the English supporters and wind up the "foreigners". But we may never know. . .

See!

lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit