Which Church do I go to now?

by jwfacts 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• carla
    carla

I wouldn't send anyone to the Christadelphians as that would simply be changing cults. Bible Students are merely Russellites. I heard to be a Unitarian you didn't even have to believe in God (in the traditional sense, jw or Christian) That last statement was on a tape I listened to about someone raised Unitarian became jw then left and became a Christian. (sorry, I no longer have the tape and can't remember who it was)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I like Rooster's approach. If they still have confidence in the Bible, read John 4:19-24 with them and ask whether Jesus was emphasizing a place, a specific group, or a way of worship.

A congregation and those of like mind would be found among individuals, a congregation isn't a physical thing. A congregation is simply people. "Gathering" doesn't have to mean everyone who claims to believe the same things collecting together in one pre-specified place with an agenda in mind. At least, not any agenda beyond enjoying each other's company, perspectives, experiences, etc.

In that sense, we posters of JWD are a congregation, despite INCREDIBLY varied perspectives. We are a gathering of people.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Hey carla,

I heard to be a Unitarian you didn't even have to believe in God (in the traditional sense, jw or Christian)

That is the honest-to-Lack-of-God truth. Here's a riddle ...

What would Unitarian Universalists do with a gay atheist?

Ordain him.

gently feral

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit