PBS program

by wannaexit 56 Replies latest jw friends

• wannaexit
    wannaexit
    I am so glad that PBS brought this to light. It hope that TV stations will take the lead and bright light to this despicable policy.
  • Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    wannaexit, thank you.
  • berrygerry
    berrygerry

Although this has been well-covered online and in print, it is interesting to see the elder and lawyers spew their drivel.

The assertion that WTS protects spiritually, and physical protection is up to the secular authorities is disgusting.

• Mad Sweeney
  • wifibandit
    wifibandit

Thanks Mad Sweeney (I can't seem to get the embed code to work)

http://youtu.be/J-w3smjZUgM

Spread that link on all your social media. Get this out to everyone you know.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

It's especially disgusting to pawn off the responsibility on the secular authorities when they KEEP THE PEDOPHILE'S SECRET from the secular authorities.

• AlwaysBusy
    AlwaysBusy

The assertion that WTS protects spiritually, and physical protection is up to the secular authorities is disgusting.

The secular authorities would provide physical protection, IF they were told. My husband thinks the WTS will never change their child abuse policies, and that they will just continue as always, protecting the pedo, and that pedos will continue to flock to the KHs because they have complete immunity.

It's weird how no one feels sympathy for the victims. There is no empathy, no caring...nothing for the victims. I think that, one day, just like the Catholic Church, there will be hell to pay for hurting so many innocents. I love John Walsh, he calls these guys exactly what they are, criminals who don't stop, who won't stop, baby-rapers who should be in jail for a long time.

• label licker
    label licker
    Pretty slimy when the goon said that they only act on the spiritual aspect and not the physical. Yet, if you dare report your "physical assault" to anyone whether it be to someone in the congregation like another family with children or the secular authorities like police, then you will get kicked out for sure. You could see that he was programmed to say those words. So sly and disgusting. How can anyone feel they are serving Jehovah when people at the doors know all of this.
  • done4good
    done4good

The platitudes from the elder who mentioned "spiritual protection" is the responsibility of the elders and not "physical protection", or some such BS, is just plain disgusting. I don't think I could have watched much more than that.

Good piece, however. This issue needs a broader audience, and I think PBS did a good job.

d4g

• wifibandit
    wifibandit

done4good, I agree.

FYI: That is not just some random elder. Richard Ash is a Bethelite (former D.O.) and one of the Service departments "experts" on matters involving child sexual abuse.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit