PBS program

by wannaexit 56 Replies latest jw friends

• flipper
    flipper

My wife and I watched it. I thought it was an EXCELLENT report well done . As Antes8080 and On The Way Out mentioned this report also showed just HOW liable and irresponsible not only the 2nd congregation's elders were for allowing Kendrick to go out in field service with Candace but the 1st congregation's elders pulled an even more idiotic irresponsible blunder by recommending Kendrick as having been " good with children " and that he " kept them on a straight path ". I don't know what kind of " path " they're talking about but it was EXTREMELY irresponsible for the 1st congregation to not include Kendricks child molesting past in the letter to his new congregation. It was criminal negligence.

And then those elders in the 2nd congregation walking in the parking lot getting into their cars to go in field service, when they saw Kendrick getting into his car with an 8 year old Candace Conti- those elders right THEN and THERE had the responsibility to walk up to Kendrick and tell him to " get out of the car you're not working alone in field service with this young girl ". They KNEW his history of child abuse to his own stepdaughter so they DID have a responsibility as alleged " shepherds of the flock " to protect this young girl.

WT Society's excuses sicken me and make me nauseous. They are a criminal organization protecting criminals. WT Society's ugly house of cards needs to keep being exposed for the criminality it keeps supporting. The leaders need to be held accountable. Keep spreading the word

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

If Kendrick was involving himself with young teens or children prior to attacking Candace, it was he was hunting down another possible victim to abuse toward his own perverse sexual appetite .

Why the elders at that Hall couldn't see that is the revealing part the delusional stupidity of common indoctrinated brainwashed JWS. ...... as long as your one of us, your righteously clean and wholesome and Satan and his influence is not to be found, we have full and complete trust in are brothers and sisters.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

I watched it with my SO, who audibly laughed out loud at 7:03 (of the segment excerpt posted by Mad Sweeney) when the third statement appeared on the screen.

"Congregation elders comply with child-abuse reporting laws."

"Congregation elders to not shield abusers from the authorities or from the consequences of their actions."

"We are committed to doing all we can to prevent child abuse."

The laugh was followed up with "They may technically comply with the reporting laws now, and they don't actively shield abusers, but that third statement is an outright lie! Otherwise their policy would be to call the police whether the law required it or not."

Oh wait, never mind, according to Br. Ashe (7:15), physical protection isn't the congregation's job; that job belongs exclusively to the secular authorities. Based on that, next time an elder calls/emails/texts after the next severe weather event to inquire if we are safe, I can reply, "Br. Concerned, I'm confused, isn't my physical protection the responsibility of only the secular authorities?

• thedepressedsoul
  • flipper
    flipper

Fink - Your quote, " If Kendrick was involving himself with young teens or children prior to attacking Candace........ "

IF ? THAT is the whole point ! Kendrick WAS involving himself with molesting young children prior to attacking Candace - he raped his own stepdaughter and served 8 months in jail for it ! Even admitted in court to molesting his own stepdaughter ! And the elders KNEW this . So by the time he moved to the 2nd congregation he had already raped his own stepdaughter and served jail time for it. And the elders from his 1st congregation didn't even NOTIFY the elders about his being a molester to the 2nd congregation he was moving to. In fact they wrote a letter of RECOMMENDATION stating he was " good with children " and keeping " children on the straight path ". I mean- how more irresponsible could these elders have been ? It's like they were giving him free reign to go ahead and be close physically to these potential child victims ! It's just disgusting actually

• nonjwspouse
    nonjwspouse

I see it is now on the PBS website: In case this link is not in the thread already...

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/leaders-jehovahs-witnesses-cover-child-sex-abuse/

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://audio.californiareport.org/archive/R201502160850/b

Full AUDIO episode for Mon, Feb 16, 2015

Leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses Keep Lid on Child Sex Abuse Claims Download audio (MP3) The Center for Investigative Reporting's new radio program "Reveal" has unearthed a dark side to the Jehovah's Witnesses, which has about 8 million members worldwide. We talk with Reveal reporter Trey Bundy. His story focuses on a man named Jonathan Kendrick, who remained an active member of congregations in two Bay Area cities despite the fact that the organization's leaders knew about his past act of sexual abuse. The organization remained silent when those acts continued. Reporter: Trey Bundy - See more at:

http://audio.californiareport.org/archive/R201502160850/b#sthash.rj9QzQWt.dpuf

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD
    I just want to say the person named Roger is a very, very creditable source. He is a very brave person to be doing what he has done. Still Totally ADD
  • wifibandit
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Got your point Flipper

In fact they wrote a letter of RECOMMENDATION stating he was " good with children " and keeping " children on the straight path ".

Which leaves the impression that the elders in the first Hall were trying to white wash over his previous misdeeds

and give him the thumbs up approval.

Incredibly dishonest and irresponsible to say the least.

I thought if a person was baptized and was recognized as a publisher, that records of misconduct or DFing is suppose to be passed on to the following congregation to where the person moved to ?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit