Man COURT ORDERED to attend K-Hall meetings!!

by DannyHaszard 31 Replies latest social current

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    Zoom Enquirer photo
    Brett Haines, right, and his attorney at his sentencing by Judge William Mallory.
    [Courts sentence drunk drivers to AA (alcoholic anonymous) meetings and use the same protocol having a 'court paper' signed by the meeting's chairperson.Many drunks will become full fledged AA 12 step followers and will praise the court action that introduced them to the 'program'.It appears this man's sentence is modeled after the same idea.] Man attends Jehovah's Witnesses service
    Cincinnati.com, OH - 1 hour ago
    By Dan Horn. A man sentenced to church instead of jail attended services with a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation last weekend and says he'll be back for more. ...
    Man attends Jehovah's Witnesses service
    Cincinnati Enquirer, OH - 1 hour ago
    By Dan Horn. A man sentenced to church instead of jail attended services with a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation last weekend and says he'll be back for more. ... Wednesday, January 18, 2006 Man attends Jehovah's Witnesses service
    Judge required him to go to mostly black church By Dan Horn
    Enquirer staff writer

A man sentenced to church instead of jail attended services with a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation last weekend and says he'll be back for more. Brett Haines told a judge Tuesday that he attended the service as part of his sentence for a disorderly conduct conviction. He was accused of using racial slurs and threatening a cab driver Nov. 26 in Newtown. Hamilton County Municipal Judge William Mallory gave Haines a choice between 30 days in jail or attending services at a predominantly black church for six consecutive Sundays. The judge said he hoped the experience would broaden Haines' cultural awareness and make him more tolerant of minorities. Haines did not disclose the church he attended but said it was a Jehovah's Witnesses congregation in Cincinnati. He showed the judge a piece of paper signed by the minister to prove he attended. His lawyer, Dennis Deters, said Haines enjoyed the experience and would likely return to the same church this weekend and, possibly, for the remaining Sundays of his sentence. Haines did not return a phone call seeking comment. "He wants to satisfy the judge that he's not the person he was the night this went down," Deters said. "His behavior that night was reprehensible and vile, and he recognizes that," he said. "He wants to make clear to the judge that he's not that kind of guy." Prosecutors say Haines, 36, was arrested after threatening cab driver David Wilson and Wilson's wife. They say the intoxicated Haines threatened to punch Wilson, used racial slurs and said he hated black people. Mallory has said he would not comment on the case until it is resolved March 1, when Haines is due back in court with proof he attended all six services . E-mail [email protected]

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard
    [Courts sentence drunk drivers to AA (alcoholic anonymous) meetings and use the same protocol having a 'court paper' signed by the meeting's chairperson.Many drunks will become full fledged AA 12 step followers and will praise the court action that introduced them to the 'program'.It appears this man's sentence is modeled after the same idea.]

Above inserted comment is from Danny Haszard not from paper

• Legolas
    Legolas

WTF??????? We should write a letter to that judge and ask why on earth would he send someone to a CULT meeting? What a COMPLETE a$$hole of a judge!!!!!!

• zagor
    zagor

Funnily enough, his lawyer looks just like a dub elder I used to know. Besides his posture is one of a j-dub, wouldn't surprise me if that was his lawyer's "preferred" choice of a "church"

• undercover
    undercover

There's not much difference between court ordering someone to go to a JW meeting or an A.A. meeting. Their both cults.

• carla
    carla

Judge William Mallory

Hamilton County Courthouse
    1000 Main St.
    Cincinnati, OH 45202-1206

I think if the judge got BAGS of mail it could be a news blurb at least. I have emailed the reporter asking him to do another article. His email is available at the bottom of the article. If you are outraged by this, make yourself heard, write a letter, at least an email to the reporter. My letter to Judge Mallory will go out today.

• rebel8
    rebel8

I'd rather go to jail.

• Clam
    Clam
    He was accused of using racial slurs and threatening a cab driver Nov. 26 in Newtown.

If he does become a "full on" JW I bet they'll be too scared to d/f him!

• gumby
    gumby

99% of people on this planet do not know much about Jehovahs Witnesses......judges included ( unless they've had a case with one). This is the reason the dubs prospered for so long. People are un-informed about dub teachings....other than they don't celebrate christmas. Some even know they refuse blood......but few do. Only by exposer will people know and even then, many will never know untill they have a bad experience with one or get involved with them.

(Wheres Dannys wolf in sheeps clothing picture when you need it)

Gumby

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

lmao! Oh I see a First Amendment lawsuit coming out of this one! A judge CANNOT force a person to participate in religious activities any more than a judge can restrict a person from participating in religious activities.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit