HOW MANY OF YOU REPORTED FAKE HOURS LAST YEAR?

by badboy 27 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness

doinmypart: the secretary is under pressure a couple of times a year to get the record cards in order - the month/weeks before the CO visit. During this time leading up to the visit the secretary and bookstudy overseers will scramble to get with irregular publishers. Again, I know a couple of secretaries that would make assumptions that So-and-so went out in service and put some time on their card even though they didn't report for a particular month.

Hmmm...no wonder the brothers are always calling me last minute on sunday nights badgering me about my time for the month. They've even insisted I get my time in from previous months saying things like: "well I'm sure you have at least an idea of how much it was"

At least would not be accurate record keeping, tsk tsk.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

I reported 1 fake hour a month for a few years to stay regular up until Dec 2004, so i managed to get into the 2005 Service year report. That is the last time, the next service report will be free of me.

• PoppyR
    PoppyR

I did! And thought I was the only one, when I was a good dub how i struggled to get my pioneer hours in! But towards the end of this service year I started putting about 4 a month, but hadn't actually been out for months. I stopped pretending around October, so I wont be on next years report either! And in 2 months time I'll stop being irregular and be officially inactive!! Woo Hoo.

Poppy

• badboy
    badboy

thanks everyone for your replies.

• Berean
    Berean

I haven't been in "service" for several years; however, I didn't report fake hours.

I was still slandered and lied about. Some of those that lied about me also lied on their field service reports. Hmmmmm ... do you see a pattern?

I know because I was the congregation secretary that compiled time for everyone and knew when they didn't show up for service. Twenty hours in field service, no Bible Studies, and worked the same schedule that I did .... geting a lot more hours than I did ... you figure it out.

• Lo-ru-hamah
    Lo-ru-hamah

It depends on what you count as fake hours. I honestly believe that when you are a JW that is your life and everyone of them are full time ministers. Therefore, if a JW counted between 720 to 744 hours per month, except for February, they would be counting accurately.

But according to their standards, yes, I counted fake hours. I thought it was rather ridiculous that you could count as many hours as you wanted with a bible study but you could only count four hours per month with your family. So, my cheat hours were usually put down because I would count the time I spoke with my son.

And, anytime I cleaned the hall or anything additional I would count my time. Regular pioneers were allowed to count their time for those exact same things and yet it was only sacred service when they did it. When the R & F did it, it wasn't sacred service.

I wish I would have cheated more.

Loruhamah

• geevee
    geevee

I was the secretary during our discovery of all that is fake in the WTS. I found that a good many people stretched the truth as regards their report and in the end, why shouldn't they. Everyone is pushed all the time to perform. So pad it out a bit.
    I did help one MS out. He was having a hard time keeping up and the feeling was he should be demoted, so I added a few here and there to boost his average. He probably wont thank me, but more than likely judge me for not attending....huh?

• zagor
    zagor

... did it only once, tried to make impressive hours for CO visit, then tried to make it up next month but never quite got around it as not long after started seeing the truth abouth the truth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit