Let's Get Physical - Diet & Exercise thread

by Funchback 34 Replies latest social physical

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Congrats Rich! Okay, maybe I was speaking about my own gym habits... I signed up for a one month one time and only went three days, including orientation day. It's just not my thing, and I'm jealous of you who have the will power.

Rich, you're anything but the average joe.

• Funchback
    Funchback

So far I am two days without sweets. I've lost two pounds. I find that this is mainly because I am drinks tons of water.

The downside is that I have to wake up and go to the bathroom 3-4 times a night...LOL!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I find that the gym is a great place to work out aggression, and really builds confidence.

When you put a few hundred pounds of metal on a bar, and then make that bar go where you want it to, when you want it to, it is such a release, and its all because YOU are doing it. Not god, not the elders, not your mom. Its YOU.

I love that feeling, and I hope everyone finds a way to acheive that feeling.

I don't buy into what the media says. I'm not less of a person because I'm big. I'm more of a person, and I'm happy to be that way. I'm in perfect health, and see no reason why I should eat only salad and diet coke.

• beksbks
    beksbks

You seem like a smart lad Richie! But it's much harder to be "more" of a person when you are a woman. I've never seen a bumper sticker that said No Fat Guys.

Anyway, as far as the water goes, I just wanted to throw in my 2 cents. I lost 45lbs about 5 years ago, and have managed to keep it off, with a periodical small slip up (holidays hurt, I love to cook and bake!). One of the things I changed drastically, was my water intake. I try to get 8-10 glasses a day. It's pretty easy if you get a couple of the larger water bottles, 1liter size, and every morning, you fill them. That is your goal for the day. That's 8 glasses. I usually have another glass that I take to bed with me and drink through the night. Just keep them with you at all times, and then at say 2 oclock, you know you should have at least one bottle down.

• Funchback
    Funchback

UPDATE:

I know it's a little late on my part, but, I finally got to the gym tonight. I worked out 20 minutes on the elyptical machine (burned 325 calories). I know that it might be small stuff for some of you, but for me it denotes progress! ;o)

By the way, the water intake is working great for me!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit