Let's Get Physical - Diet & Exercise thread

by Funchback 34 Replies latest social physical

• Funchback
    Funchback

Hello. Hello. Hello.

Toward the end of last year, I joined Bally's. I confess that I have yet to go in 2006. But that all changes tomorrow! Back to the health club for me.

Please feel free to post an exercise regimen that works for you. Or, any recommended exercises that target typical problem areas (i.e., the stomach). And, if you have any good 7-day diets (or, any diet for that matter), feel free to share.

I like using the elyptical(?) machine for 15-30 minutes, the treadmill for 10-15 minutes, and 50 stomach crunches. I try to repeat this (at least when I was going consistently) regimen every other day. Feel free to share any tips for me, also!

Oh, and my biggest problem is my addiction to sweet foods (chocolate, cookies, and candy). Personally, I drink a lot of water, grape juice, and diet cola. I eat normal portions for my three squares. I don't eat a lot of bread, rice or potato chips, but I love french fries (I know: Bad, Brian!!!).

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

30 minutes of yoga in the morning 5 days a week. 30 minutes of pilates in the evening 5 days a week. Dance Dance Revolution 3 times week for 30 minutes. I know, I know, ddr is kinda cheesy but it works!!! I eat whatever I want, its all about portion size.

• Funchback
    Funchback

Thanks, liquidsky.

I am a relative novice when it comes to exercise. So, can you tell me what a "pilate" is? Um...and a Dance Dance Revolution? I feel so out of touch. LOL!!!

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

DDR (dance dance revelution) is a dance game for xbox game console. It comes with a dance pad. Basically, you try to follow the dance steps on your tv screen. It has a workout mode that keeps track of how many calories you burn. It has worked very well for me. I can burn between 600 and 800 calories in 30 minutes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dance_Dance_Revolution

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

What the crap is wrong with my formatting??? Sorry about that.

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Dump all refined food products. No white flour. No white sugar. No processed oils and foods. Nadda, none, zip, zero. You'll feel much better in about 30 days.

• luna2
    luna2
    Dump all refined food products. No white flour. No white sugar. No processed oils and foods. Nadda, none, zip, zero. You'll feel much better in about 30 days.

This is what I do when I can gather my willpower together. LOL It works wonders.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I am gluten-intolerant, which is an allergic reaction to the protein found in wheat, oats, barley, and rye. So any pasta, bread, cookies, etc. that I eat are rice or tapioca based. But I don't even eat that much of that. I have found eliminating the processed carbs from my diet, make me feel healthier than I've ever been.

I'm trying to drink lots of water, but that's a struggle for me. Anyone have a creative way to drink water???

• Enigma One
    Enigma One

Sweeten it with juice. Go 1/3 juice to 2/3 water. Or you can add 1/2 lemon's juice or lime's.

• CountryGuy
    CountryGuy
    I'm trying to drink lots of water, but that's a struggle for me. Anyone have a creative way to drink water???

I'm in the same boat. A friend told me about the "On the Go" additives to water. They come in flavors like lemonade, orange, raspberry ice and peach tea. They have zero sugar, carbs, fats and sodium. And, the generic Wal-Mart brand is less than 2.00 for a box of ten. They have helped me drink more water and eventually move from the flavored waters to just water.

That's my tip for the day. Don't try to do everything all at once. Focus on a bigger goal and take small steps to acheive that goal daily. If I tried to eat right, exercise, drink all my water and stop drinking beer all at once, I'd go nuts! But, little by little, it's easier. Take one goal at a time.

I've lost 60 lbs since last September (with just as many to go) and can really tell the difference. My asthma, acid reflux and diabetes are all kept in check without any medication at all.

CountryGuy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit