Are you supposed to enjoy field service????

by lucifer 41 Replies latest jw friends

• lucifer
    lucifer

Are you supposed to enjoy field service? Find joy in God's work? I hated service, hated getting up early, hated wearing dresses/skirts,hated bugging people early on the weekend, hated "preparing" for service (all i did was read the little blurb on the inside of the awake lol) hated being grouped with elder Ihatecoffeebreaks and sister letsdoonemoredooreventhoughits12.......one day brother Ihatecoffeebreaks asked me why my time was dropping in service and i said "because i hate service" ( I mean i was taught to be honest right? lol)

he wasn't even shocked all he said was" Desiree most of us hate it, but that is not why we do it, we do it for Jehovah, I even hate it"

Is that the mindframe they are supposed to teach?

• greendawn
    greendawn

This service is not for God but for the WTS it's not a spiritual activity but a commercial one selling their publications without reward. At the back of the mind one thinks why should I be their slave, or is it right to bring people into an unloving destructive org such as this?

• carla
    carla

Evidently you were just in the wrong cong, husbands cong, everybody loves it! and it's so much fun!

• coolhandluke
    coolhandluke

I hated service until I got there. Once I was out, I loved it. I thought that I was the righteous mouth of God. I was good at it. At some point though I realized that i was a literature peddler. I hated that. So I just started using the bible. That made all the difference for me. I truly enjoyed getting peoples life perspectives, listening to them as much as talking to them. So there was the reward for me.

CHL

• lucifer
    lucifer

I found that my heart wasn't in it, I was going to get my ten hours. When i placed mags, I didn't really think about the articles in it and how they would affect the people ( well for the most part) It just sounded like i was reading a script (sometimes the back of my hand haha) The householders picked up on it but since I was young (9ish..) they took them out of pity, I used that to my advantage to get more placements

• Funchback
    Funchback

I hated field service.

Hated, hated, HATED it!!!

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

The official line is tha twe should want to help people and enjoy filed service

• divejunkie
    divejunkie

I hated it. Always. With a passion.
    The only time it was a little enjoyable for me was if I got paired with a friend, so we could just talk crap and joke around in the mean time. Otherwise, blaah!:(

• Mary
    Mary

Actually, believe it or not, I used to enjoy Service. I enjoyed talking to people and debating "truth". Of course, at the time I assumed that this was "the Truth". I stopped going out when I became aware that I could not, in all good conscience, go and preach something (like 1914), while I no longer believed it myself.........

• ferret
    ferret

I hated it with a passion.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit