Film: Grizzly Man

by MegaDude 42 Replies latest jw friends

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Review of "Polar Girl":

I like the relationships. I mean, each character has his own story. The puppy is a bit too much, but you have to over look things like that in these kinds of films. The way the bear's holding her, it's almost ... filthy. I mean, he's about to kiss her and she's pulling away. The way the leg's sort of smashed up against her...

Phew... Look how he's shown her blouse sort of translucent. You can just make out her breasts underneath and it's sort of touching him about here. It's really ... pretty torrid, don't you think?

Then of course you have the onlookers peeking at them from behind the doorway like they're all shocked.

They wish.

Yeah, I must admit, when I see a film like this, I get emotionally ..... erect.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

I'll still go see "Polar Girl Two, Back on the Rug" when it hits the local movies.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    I'll still go see "Polar Girl Two, Back on the Rug" when it hits the local movies.

I appreciate your support, and I if you liked "Back on the Rug", I think you're going to love our upcoming work about pigeons.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik

Rest in Peace, Grizzly Man.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

More like rest in pieces.

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    More like rest in pieces

Oh so uncalled for and sick Me-gag-dude.

Is this Polar Girl just a wind up - have i just been totally guillible and had?!

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy

lol!

• LittleToe
    LittleToe
    I gather that grizzly bears are not very spiritual minded.

I heard that though he was a bit of a predator he was like totally repentant afterwards and was allowed to return to Jah's abundantly clean organization!

Is this Polar Girl just a wind up - have i just been totally guillible and had?!

Naww, you're our own resident Polar Girl

• lowden
    lowden

I have to agree with other posters on this thread.....what a nutter!!!!

The premise or dream is ok but....he was just plain stupid, or liked the thought of living on the edge of a violent death.

If you arse around with fate (or whatever) in this kind of way, you're gonna end up being kicked in the ass at some point.

Did the term 'dangerous WILD animal' not occur to him?!

That said, the music for the film was composed by one Richard Thompson, a fave British recording artist of mine who lives most of his time in L.A.

Peace

Lowden

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

I saw the documentary. It's been a while. If I recall correctly, he was there to videotape people who were breaking the laws against harassment of the bears, etc, and trying to get the Park service to enforce their own regulations about it? (I seem to remember something about contractors bringing in tourists and breaking the laws as it was a preserve of some sort)

Whenever you hear people talking about the guy, you almost never hear that, as one of the earlier posters said, it wasn't "his" bears (I hate that term)...it wasn't the regular population of bears he'd gotten to know and be able to 'read' and who had gotten used to him over the years he was there...who killed him. The bears he watched had gone into hibernation and other, strange, bears had come into the territory. One of those killed him and his girlfriend.

I'm an environmental anthropologist and I hang around with a *lot* of biologist/researchers. Living for months at a time out in the wilderness is something that some of them do. There are risks, but it's not a death sentence to spend time around big carnivores if you know what you're doing and you're careful. The man *did* anthropomorphise the animals to a huge extent, but a lot of the really dangerous-looking stuff he did, was after he'd been out in the field a long time, had learned to read the bears, and they were used to him. It was still dangerous and foolish but not as bad as it looked. He didn't just get off the plane and run up to hug the bears.

He was kind of a nutjob but he wasn't as big a nutjob as he's often portrayed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit