Sicker than a dog last night - info needed

by Lady Lee 35 Replies latest jw friends

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

When I get sick it is rarely very bad. I have a pretty strong stomach and can only recall twice when I was so sick to have my head hanging over the toilet. Once when I got food poisoning and when my appendix almost burst.

I also rarely faint. Can only recall that twice too. Well last night was bad. I finally had to take the garbage can to the bed and lie down. If I opened my eyes my head was swimming. I know I passed out a couple of times.

OK I see why living alone can be a problem.

If it had gotten worse I was going to call the paramedics. But then they can't get into the building unless I buzz them in. And if I had passed out I probably wouldn't be able to buzz them in. Then I would have to get to the door to open that.

This is scary.

I need a plan. Do you have a plan? Do you even think about it?

When I drive my chair in the door I park it just inside. Which means I have to move it to let anyone in. (Great to keep weirdos out) Not great if I need to let someone in so I will have to find another parking spot.

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Well I dont have a plan but I can relate somewhat to what you went through.

My 2.5 year old twins came down with some kind of stomach flu last night. My wife and I spent the evening washing jammys, blankets, helping the kids aim into toilets or buckets and giving baths. Not my idea of a good time.

On a positive note though, this morning they've had a toasted whole grain bagle and some H20 without any problems. They seem to be in better spirits.

Sorry to hear you werent feeling well either.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere
    My wife and I spent the evening washing jammys, blankets, helping the kids aim into toilets or buckets and giving baths. Not my idea of a good time.

Can't you just put them all outside and hose them down?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Elsewhere Elsewhere What are we to do with you.

You definitely made me laugh.

But I suspect it might be too cold in Ohio to be hosing them down

• luna2
    luna2

Yuck, LL, that's awful! An emergency plan sounds like an excellent idea.

I probably need a plan too as I also live alone. I'm remembering when I got food poisoning about a year ago (sushi) and it was bad. I was able to get upstairs to the bathroom before I was completely incapacitated, but I was stuck in there for hours. Couldn't move because I was so dizzy I was afraid I'd pass out. I probably would have called 911 if I could have gotten to a phone. It was very scary.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Lady Lee- Do they have assisted living where you are at. Sometimes ther is a person that just goes around and checks several times a day if the resident is ok. Or maybe anyone that you could entrust with this. Perhaps even a phone call time. So that if you don't answer, someone can be alerted to go by and make sure you are ok...?

• gumby
    gumby

Cantcha get one a them things that go around yer neck and if ya get in a bind ya push it and it calls for help?

LL. I from time to time get those fainting feelings. I call them head rushes. Once I hit the deck and my wife called 911 and Gumby was taken in only to be found out to be low on water. Seriously. I was low on water....dehydrated. Since then, I drink more water.

You prolly have a bug as many others I've talked to has had similar feelings. For the past 3 days I've been cloudy in the head with a headache ( I never get headaches).

Do you have a close neighbor you trust and can you put her ph# on your phones memory list?

Gumby * who's hugged toilets before when under the influence of the tequila flu*

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh
    But I suspect it might be too cold in Ohio to be hosing them down

Yeah, last night I believe that it dropped below freezing. I think that hoseing them off outside might have compounded our problems.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

luna that's exactly how I felt. But I was afraid if I passed out in the bathroom I whack my head on something and have one more problem.

Sparkplug. It is a senior's building but there aren't any services in the building. But one of the board members might be willing to start a phone chain or something. I will ask her. Most of the people here speak only Russian but there are enough that I think we could arrange at least two little phone chains.

• carla
    carla

I agree with gumby, get one of those services that you just push a button and they send someone out. Talk to people in the building to make sure emt's can get in for everybody's safety. Have neighbors check up on each other. just thought, hope your feeling better, carla

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit