Thinking of leaving? Do you have a good Reputation?

by M*A*S*H 13 Replies latest jw friends

• M*A*S*H
    M*A*S*H

I've had an idea, a cruel and malicious idea. Want to hear it? Of course you do.
    Well, what I'm hoping is we can find someone who's thinking of leaving the JW's, has a relatively good standing in the congo and is a good actor. Oh, and someone who doesn't mind potentially getting DS'd and annoying lots of people.
    The basic idea is, to see if we can get someone to convince their congo they're annointed. As I understand it, now the whole '1914 generation' thing has changed, any young whipper snapper can be annointed. Wouldn't that be fun? I think if properly planned and well executed it could be done. Surely us worldly folk couldn't pull the wool over the holy spirits eyes'?
    We have some very clever people on the forum, who could probably help with scripting the initial casual conversations with elders... and perhaps we could try to develop some new light... lol. Perhaps a trip to bethal?
    Oh my goatish chin is twitching with delight... so sign up - YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU! (plus pointy finger thing).

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Yes - I though about this myself. If I am going to leave the ideal would be to take the emblems first and say the Holy spirit bore witness t oem

• Honesty
    Honesty

Riiiichiiie, Oh Riiichiiieee. Where are youuuu?

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Honesty, PM the link to him. If anyone could...he'd be the pony I'd bet on.

AuldSoul

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

My thoughts exactly. Richie has the stones to pull this one off, except I think he's on reproof.

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

That would be so funny! I would travel to NC just to see it!

I've often thought of showing up at the memorial and then partaking of the emblems just to see everyone gasp in horror.

• TallTexan
    TallTexan
    My thoughts exactly. Richie has the stones to pull this one off, except I think he's on reproof.

So...who are the elders to mess with the Holy Spirit???

how about partaking and then 'speaking in tongues'?....

• sass_my_frass
    sass_my_frass
    I've often thought of showing up at the memorial and then partaking of the emblems just to see everyone gasp in horror.

I love it. A global campaign? Talk about throwing the stats... suddenly the end isn't 8000 old folk away, it's tens of thousands! Oh no! Armageddon is still on the distant horizon!! I'm going to be stuck cleaning these toilets until I retire!

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

In Parramatta we had an elder who was of the anointed. When his daughter turned 18 she started taking the emblems. What an uproar. The congregation would not stop bitching about her for well over a year, and every Memorial. That stupid reasoning that God would only choose an old person with years of service (like he can't read hearts, and heaven is a reward for better people). That she was idolising her father, how she wasn't good enough. It is 10 years later and she is still active.
    There were always people with certified mental illnesses that became anointed as well. Everyone knocks them. Even when Geoff Jackson became anointed (now on the GB) everyone questioned his motives. It rocks the average JW's belief that the end is about to happen, so they hate it.
    I would love to see a string of newly anointed, like RR. It would be great if a few elders could do it on their way out. If there is an anointed elder they are supposed to do the memorial, and get some extra degree of respect. A great opportunity to start sublty influencing people. How about stillanelder

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

hmm... I could do it. I would also have to claim that the holy spirit says i can have a beard.. But they can't prevent me from coming and partaking..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit