Thinking about moving to Texas

by MsMcDucket 12 Replies latest jw friends

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

I need to do something to get my mind off my girls. So, I'm thinking about becoming a travel nurse. I can keep my house here, and they would pay for my living expenses while I'm on assignment. The only thing is my youngest is still in school. I'm going to ask her if she would want to stay here with her oldest sister to finish out the school year or if she wants to go with me. I'd like to save up enough money to get one of those RV's. It's just something I'm thinking about. I guess that I should apply for my nursing license in Texas just in case I do decide to go through with it.

Anyone else move out of town when they were being shunned by family? How's it working out?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

MsMcducket. It is the best thing I ever did. It has really made an open door for growth and helped a lot of the pain heal.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Ahh the 2nd largest state

• jeanniebeanz
    jeanniebeanz

I highly recommend leaving the shunning losers to wallow in their own misery and moving on to bigger and better things!!

It was a very good move for me and the family to get away from former friends and family. Why be bothered with their lack of humanity any more than you have to.

Go for it!

Jeannie

• garybuss
    garybuss

I haven't moved. My life is better after the shunning started.
    I would like to winter in warmer climates. These Dakota winters are hard on me. I wouldn't move to get away from shunners. Shunning MEANS they stay away from me. I might move a part of the year to be warm and be able to walk out the door without having to walk like a duck for fear of falling on ice.
    I've got non shunning relatives here and I have lots of friends. My only grandchild is here. I like it here.

• Gretchen956
    Gretchen956

Well I did end up moving but not because of shunning. After I left I didn't give them a second thought. Its their problem not mine. Must have been five or six years before I left. However if I ever did want to move that would be the absolute last place I would pick. (with apologies to those of you that love your state.)

Sherry

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I really can't imagine a better place for you to move. There are tons of us apostates down here. You would have a great support network!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I love Texas! My sister lives there.

Josie

• LDH
    LDH

Ms,

Could I put in a plug for California?

Per Diem nursing is an amazing way to pick up $$$$. My girlfriend is getting ready to retire from the County after 30 years and her pension is $90,000 a year. She is planning to not draw off that for now, but her other job which is per diem discharge planner. She makes close to $2,000 per weekend.

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

LDH, did you say $2000. per weekend? Does she work 12 hour shifts on Fri, Sat, and Sun?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit