Thinking about moving to Texas

by MsMcDucket 12 Replies latest jw friends

• target
    target

One thing to consider about Texas, it is the mold capital! If you have allergies, this is not the place to be.
    We moved here in June and the whole family has been sick with allergies, sinus and ear infections, etc.
    We had air ducts cleaned and lots of mold was found. Our houses are going up for sale and we are heading
    for dryer air. I never saw so many people with allergies. We are north of Houston and everyone I talk to 
    has allergies it seems. Of course, the hurricanes blow a lot of mold around, too. And there is cedar allergies
    in the central and eastern state.
    And taxes are high here!
    The state is OK if you do not have to breathe.

Target
  • Es
    Es

Thats great....all the best let us know how you go

es

• Eyebrow2
    Eyebrow2

We moved from NH to TX a little of 2 years ago. Although I really miss NH, I love it here.

True, allergies are can be rough...it is so dry in the winter here especially. However, it was well worth the move. If you bring your daughter, do yourself a favor and spend some time checking out which school districts are the best before you come down. Despite what you hear about TX being one of the worst states for education, there ARE some excellent school districts here. We moved to one of the more expensive cities, and the schools are really good (in my humble opinion.) We are on the east side of Plano, TX...where the uber wealthy do not live hahah..but it still is really nice.

Since I moved from NH...where in the Northeast everything is expensive...even this expensive city doesn't feel expensive. The rent is still cheaper...yadda, yadda yadda.

Don't forget to check out a site like salary.com to make a comparison for your salary and living expenses.

Do you already know which company you are going to work as a travelling nurse for? Make sure you do some research in that area too if you haven't had the chance. Not all the companies are the same.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit