Pictures- Just for fun

by RichieRich 60 Replies latest jw friends

• avishai
    avishai

Sweet tie!! Liking the bling, too, never coulda got away with that when I was a teen....

• Honesty
    Honesty

alt

Where is your ear ring?

• Spectrum
    Spectrum

I don't want to be a party pooper but I think that they put, "Read your bible daily" lower down, because it is more visible to more people. Who walks neck cranked back looking up 20 floors? At the risk of being lambasted here I think they got it right!!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Where is your ear ring?

don't have one, and don't plan on getting one. Tattoos can be covered with a suit, but sometthing about visible holes in your body- uh

• fjtoth
    fjtoth

Spectrum,

When I was at Brooklyn, the thing that awed most visitors as well as Bethelites about the building signs was the name "Watchtower." I doubt much focus was given to "Read God's Word the Holy Bible Daily." Both signs face the ramp leading to the Brooklyn Bridge. It wasn't easy to read either sign as you drove up the ramp toward Manhattan, but the top sign was plain to see on the left as you descended from the bridge, either in a car or on the walkway. Even more conspicuous was the "Watchtower" sign atop the 77 Sands St. building. The buildings are known as the "Watchtower Complex," with hardly a hint about the Bible. I don't think it's still there, but a large neon sign atop the 25 Columbia Heights building simply said "Watchtower," and it could be seen as far away as Staten Island and New Jersey, as well as in Manhattan.

fjtoth

• fjtoth
  • fjtoth
  • fjtoth
  • garybuss
  • fjtoth

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit