Pictures- Just for fun

by RichieRich 60 Replies latest jw friends

• RichieRich
    RichieRich

I was just browsing through my files, and came across a few cool / neat / weird photos I thought I'd share. These are from my trip to Bethel in mid-April of last year.

alt

There I was, right outside HQ. Other brother's face blurred because I like him, and he had a cool jamaican accent.

alt

Thought this one ^^ was pretty funny. Shot of the doors to a Bethel building, but the emergency exit sticker on the bus window kind of applies too.

alt

Here is our tourguide at 25 Columbia Heights, responding to some dumbass comment I made.

alt

Here was the bus. Woo Hoo. As you can see, it was tight, hot, and smelled like fish. Like hell, but faker.

alt

One day, immediately after the tour, we had to go eat. It was freezing cold outside, and we had to walk at least a 1/2 mile in FREEZING COLD to get into this mall (pier 17 /71?) When we finally got to sit down, ties were gone, and hats were purchased.

alt

Hypothetically speaking, if you were Jehovah, and you lived above Manhattan, when you look down and to the left, you'd see this. Oh yeah, thats our bus.

alt

And I'll end with this. This kid is the son of the brother that organized this whole trip. Coincidentily, he's also the most annoying MFer ever. This is a large scale caliper, which they use when training their slaves volunteers to do plumbing. Why does Bethel need to train that many plumbers? Because everyone up there is full of sh!t. Oh, and this is better than a college education. What college could ever stack their boxes as neatly as the org??

Hope you all enjoyed..

• Funchback
    Funchback

What the...??? HAHAHAHAHA!!!

First, that annoying kid in the last photo?...I OWN THE EXACT SAME NECKTIE!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! (Seriously, I do).

Also, I remember taking the Bethel tour. We had inside access to get on the roof of the building. The bootleg tourguide told us that the WTS turns down millions of dollars each year from Hollywood who want to use the roof for some scenic shots of NYC.

Finally, "As you can see, it was tight, hot, and smelled like fish. Like hell, but faker."....PRICELESS!!!

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    We had inside access to get on the roof of the building. The bootleg tourguide told us that the WTS turns down millions of dollars each year from Hollywood who want to use the roof for some scenic shots of NYC.

Its not that "inside" anymore. Its a stop on the tour.

alt

• Funchback
    Funchback

Yeah?

I guess they eased up since the 1980's!

Hey, did they tell you that same thing about the 'Hollywood Turndowns'?

• Mastodon
    Mastodon

Priceless Richie, pure Genius. We should write a book together!
    ~Rick (MastoDon-Of the "I want to ride your coattails" Class :D)

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Regarding the pic with the bus and the building with "Read Watchtower and Awake!", was that taken from the Residence Building? If so, that is the building where I did electrical work for two weeks as a “temp” bethel worker back in the early 90’s.

• tweety
    tweety

Nice pics....the people on the bus trip, look Thrilled! haaa

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

I never knew that "Read Watchtower and Awake!" occupied a higher position than "Read God's Word the Holy Bible Daily"!

Just shows what they put as most important.

• Juan Viejo
    Juan Viejo

I'm sorry, but the picture on the roof doesn't look real. I think it must be faked. After all, there's no airplane in the near background...

Juan

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    I never knew that "Read Watchtower and Awake!" occupied a higher position than "Read God's Word the Holy Bible Daily"!

That's the first thing I thought too!

As you can see, it was tight, hot, and smelled like fish

But what about the bus?

I've always enjoyed your pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit