Blood Issue: Will Literature Be Destroyed?

by metatron 10 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• metatron
    metatron

I understand that one immediate effect of the "Big News" about the Watchtower's possible liability on blood transfusion will be

that elders are ordered to destroy all copies of previous directives on blood. However, this limited response seems inadequate

to me , as any lawsuits that arise are more likely to be related to Watchtower literature, not letters to Bodies of Elders.

They should recall and destroy all CD's of indexed Watchtower publications, all brochures on blood and any publication

that makes any peripheral reference to the issue ( such as the "Custody" information) including all bound volumes.

Perhaps the "Big News" has brought a victory against 'Tower Power already....

metatron

• skyman
    skyman

don't laugh sometime in the 90's we were asked to destroy older books and othe books that the Society did not want at the Hall library's. I personally was given the assingment to do this. So you can Call me a book burner.

• JH
    JH

I hope one day the Watchtower gets sued for their blood policy, and shunning policy, and whatever makes them evil.

• Clam
    Clam

Amazing though that the legal establishment has taken so long to get this on their radar. People have died for the sake of this. Maybe it's weighed against good old religious freedom?

• belbab
    belbab

Skyman,

I remember this from somewhere also. Do you have references.

It is important that copies of all these books, letters, documents be preserved. Not just as evidence for JW members to read, but may be evidence in eventual court proceedings on blood, child abuse, tax evasion and anything else.

If we publicly show, even on this forum, that we have access to all their writings, that will be a

deterrance for them not to authorize destruction of evidence.

belbab

• Rescripting_myself
    Rescripting_myself

I'm not aware of what this "Big News" is. Metatron or someone else, please brief me.

• rebel8
    rebel8

Go to ajwrb.org and read the newsletter about "Journal of Church and State". The "big news" is an article was published in that journal stating that the WTS is at risk for liability lawsuits for misrepresenting the medical risks of abstaining from blood.

• Scully
    Scully
    don't laugh sometime in the 90's we were asked to destroy older books and othe books that the Society did not want at the Hall library's. I personally was given the assingment to do this. So you can Call me a book burner.

I remember it happened in the early 80s as well. The "spin" at that time was that the old (circa CT Russell and Rutherford) literature was so rare and valuable that the WTS wanted it returned in order to preserve them. Oddly enough, it coincided with a major flushing out of Apostates™, including Raymond V. Franz, at Bethel.

• Will Power
    Will Power

Just rec'd my 10 copies FROM Baylor this morning.

I was talking to an aquaintence on the telephone when the mailman dropped them in the box.
    she is a nurse and has seen the WT policy in action in the small & big city hospitals.
    She is a cancer survivor and a girl with a purpose for a life and is passionate about LIFE!

I am friends with her brother.
    I don't think I've ever talked to this girl on the phone more than a couple of times in 20 years.
    but today...!!! I got her address and will be mailing her a copy - she is more than interested to read & spread it around.

its Friday the 13th
    and Russell died on Halloween

• Rescripting_myself
    Rescripting_myself

Thanks rebel for the direction.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit