Do Black people have a monopoly on rhythm?

by LDH 23 Replies latest jw friends

• rebel8
    rebel8

Do Black people have a monopoly on rhythm? No. It is not white people that lack rhythm, it's hicks. Oh wait, wrong thread.

• dorayakii
    dorayakii

Congrats to your daughter, I agree she's in heaven, those are some good looking boys she's with there

As for whether black people have the monopoly on rhythm, I can sing really well but i can't dance to save my life... Rhythm in one but not in the other, how strange... far from a monopoly i'd say

• Rooster
    Rooster

Congratulations on the outcome of raising your child in a caring and loving manner. She will appreciate this later in life.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Congrats to Lisa and her daughter, that must bea great thing to do. I wish we had more of that sort of thing over here..

I will even forgive you for the title of the thread, having settled back down in my chair again ...

• LDH
    LDH
    that must bea great thing to do. I wish we had more of that sort of thing over here..

BB, my sister's husband is from England. When they came out to visit us in November they got to see one of the competitions (Daughter's school won High Sweeps all categories at that one, how cool for my sis to see this).

He was quite amused at the entire process of the competition. 35 high school bands all full of kids who take their craft very seriously. He got a kick out of it and said it would never happen in England. He commented that it was "quite American." Don't know whether that was a compliment or a cut down, LOL.

Also, you might be surprised to know there is no smoking, the crowd is orderly, and everyone is happy to be there. Of course, the JWs claim to have a lock on onderly gatherings.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

nmind, responded without reading the thread content...

:)

I'm drunk and shouldn't be posting

• LDH
    LDH

Hey kids,

If you are interested, Quick Time videos have been posted so you can see the percussion team in action.

http://www.cwband.org

Click on the second tab down that says "Four Quicktime streaming videos" and then watch the 3rd one (59 seconds) That is the percussion feature. They scored a 96, I think. Super clean.

Lisa

• joelbear
    joelbear

i got rhythm, i got music, i got my guy who could ask for anything more.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

African Americans are sure extremely talented when it comes to music

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Do Black people have a monopoly on rhythm? No! My 6'6" husband has got so much rhythm I swear he moves like a black man when he dances, totally amazes me. Like where was he when I was in my teens and really into Motown? LOL

Lisa I loved seeing the pictures of your daughter and the band. That is so awesome! You should be a proud Mom for sure!

HS band was what saved my youngest from becoming yet another JW HS dropout. He really love playing the trumpet and later played the French horn and tuba, now he's a trombone player and in college going for his degree in music. He wants to be a music teacher.

I could tell you the horror stories of the JW's trying to convince me to take him out of band........boy am I glad I didn't listen!

Here's a thread I started about my son:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/27/95011/1.ashx

Kate (another proud Mama)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit