angry or sad... which are you?

by daddys girl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• daddys girl
    daddys girl

Wow! I just found this website and excitedly registered as I am DF'd, and missing my family terribly...

I was hopeful that I might find a place to talk, share concerns and maybe vent occasionally. I'm finding as I read however, that some people are incredibly angry and bitter and some of the comments seem mean and hurtful. I may not be choosing to follow in my parents footsteps as a JW, but I still love them very much and believe that they are good people and that their hearts are in the right place... they truly believe they doing the right thing and are terrified that I will not survive when armaggedon comes. They cry when we talk about it... I'm sad, not angry- maybe that comes later?

Anybody relate? or am I just way too naive?

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

welcome to the board daddys girl,

anger and bitterness and melancholy and ranting and debating are a part of the process for most exJWs.

regardless of it's pitfalls, you have found a very good place here at JWD.

i wish you the best. stick around and post lots.

cheers,

TS

• Legolas
    Legolas

Welcome to the board!

Well the people of Jonestown probably thought they were doing the right thing too when 913 of them commited mass suicide!

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Welcome to the board!

angry or sad... which are you?

Both. I think the level of anger or sadness we feel is an individual thing, and related to the amount of damage that has been done to us, and our ability to recover from what has been done.

W

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

Welcome daddys girl - enjoy your stay!

You'll certainly learn lots here.

Work through your feelings as you encounter them, as tetra said, they'll probably be many and varied.

• slugga
    slugga

I guess it all depends on how people in here have been treated by bros,sis, Elders, MS, Congregations. Generally the only time i saw an elder in my early 20's was when i was getting told off for something but I don't hold grudges against them, I do though against the holier than though Bro's / Sis that marked me and snubbed while i was still trying to do my best to be a good dube. The isolation drove me out and away. I don't think I could bring myself to talk to them today if I saw them and if they're Right about there convictions and If I do end up as fertiliser for some elders rose bush come Armageddon well then I hope Jah remembers their behaviour and their blood guilt.

Peeved Off Now

Matt

• prophecor
    prophecor

You're in a good place, Daddies Girl. Some of us are angry, some are sad, but a lot of us are rather content in our being out of the truth. You'll see several different shades of the same energy in a lot of us here. Me? I'm rather contented being out, but that's just me. A reflection of many. Glad you found us. Make yourself to home when you can.

Art

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

Welcome! Glad you found the site!

The bitterness and anger is USUALLY expressed toward the Watchtower and the organization, not toward individual JW's. For instance, my in-law's are shunning me, but I'm not angry with them. They are essentially remote-controlled robots, they are doing the shunning, but somebody in Brooklyn is pushing the "shun" button that's making it happen.

It's the button-pusher that I have a problem with.

I think you'll find there's a solid mix of folks here and it's very refreshing to get so many varied viewpoints when you're used to hearing the same "current understanding" from everybody.

I hope you enjoy your stay!

Dave

• daddys girl
    daddys girl

I'll keep an open mind and continue reading.

my heart hurts

thanks to all for your responses.

• Lilycurly
    Lilycurly

Yes, it a mixture really...I'm incredibly sad because my father decided to listen to some men in Brooklyn when they tell him not to talk to me because I wanted another religion. I love my father very much and it's the saddest thing for a child to realise that your father could do that.

And that makes me angry, mostly at the WT society, but I try not to let that lead my life. I don't want to be a bitter person....but it's hard when you see all those wrong things going on.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit