angry or sad... which are you?

by daddys girl 20 Replies latest jw friends

• Scully
    Scully
    believe that they are good people and that their hearts are in the right place... they truly believe they doing the right thing and are terrified that I will not survive when armaggedon comes.

Most of us have family in the Organization™. And most of us believe as you do, that they are doing what they believe is right, and that they are sincere and only want to serve God. And that they are very sad about the prospect that we will be destroyed at Armageddon™.

You know what makes me sad? The fact that my parents will die within the next 10 years or so, without ever seeing the fulfillment of the Paradise™ that they have spent the last 35 years waiting for. That they will die disappointed, and financially burdened because they believed that they would never need a pension plan. That they are willing to cut me and their grandchildren out of their lives, for no good reason, just because we have embraced our right to freedom of worship [or not], just as they have done. That they are willing to put their lives on the line by refusing blood transfusions, when the rationale behind it is based on misinformation. That they have given thousands of dollars to the WTS, which will never be used for their benefit if they should ever need help from the Brothers™ and Sisters™. That they would lose everyone they've considered a "friend" in an instant, if they decided they wanted to leave the JWs and mend fences with their family.

I am no longer angry that I spent 25 years in a cult. But I am angry at the mountains of misery that the WTS has created for millions of JWs and exJW families. It is so unnecessary, and so evil to split families apart the way they do. They have much to answer for.

• BlackSwan of Memphis
    BlackSwan of Memphis

I was just talking to some others about the bitterness and anger.

I think the others are right, it really depends on your personal experience.

I also think that sometimes, those that don't start off bitter, but continue searching for what the truth really is about the truth, can become angry and bitter, as they realize the impact the Organization has had on their lives.

I'm certainly not trying to encourage that kind of emotion, but trying to explain why I think there is so much bitterness.

A person should not have to choose between their personal beliefs, whatever that ends up being and their famiy.

Me? Both. Angry and Sad. Trying not to hate, but the more I learn about the Organization, the angrier I get. Sad because there are many that I care about that are In.

Meagan

• daddys girl
    daddys girl

Scully,

I will be thinking about your comments for a long time... previously I felt sorry only for myself, now I feel bad for my family also...

thanks for that perspective.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

daddys girl,

alt

You will find that most here are more angry at the organization for its dangerous, divisive policies and saddened that our families cling to the organization so tightly.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• mark hughes
    mark hughes

Hello daddys girl, I am also df'd so have had no contact with immediate family for 17 years. Yes I am angry that people can choose such a phony religion over their own flesh and blood, but I also feel concerned for them at being lead on for so many years by what the WTBTS tell them is right and wrong and not what the bible tells them. How naieve can people be?

WELCOME!!!!!

We are happy people here really as we know the true difference between right and wrong.

• Es
    Es

Hello and welcome to the board...glad you found us.

At first i was angry at how incredibly stupid and naive they were....now i just feel great pity for them

es

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi daddy's girl, welcome to the forum!

I'm still a fringe JW, but I have to tell you that I felt relieved as I started to find out about all the 'dirt' on the WTS. I had spent years feeling inadequate and unworthy because of the impossibly high standards. I don't feel that way anymore.

• daddys girl
    daddys girl

I'm truly happy for you that you feel better about yourself, I hope that day comes for me soon... May I ask you a question though? What is a "fringe JW" ? I've read it on a number of other posts and I'm quite curious what it means.

Thanks!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi daddy's girl,

My definition of a 'fringe JW' is a JW who exists on the fringes of the congregation, not very involved in congregation activities, maybe ignored by many in the congregation. They may or may not believe everything the WTS prints, but they choose not to subject themselves to the neverending hamster wheel of activities.

There's also liberal JWs, who may or may not be very involved in congregation activities, but have their own ideas about things and they live their lives in a more 'normal' fashion than a 'good' JW ("good" by the WTS definition, rather than God's.). Some people call them hypocrites.

I'm both fringe and liberal.

• MerryMagdalene
    MerryMagdalene

Welcome, Daddy's girl

angry or sad... which are you?

Both. As others have said, angry at the how the Organization misleads and mistreats people, sad that my family is misled.

~Merry

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit