I am 'no longer 1of JW's', and damn it feels good. Plus my letter to bethel

by jwfacts 29 Replies latest jw experiences

• Legolas
  • IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Congrats jw,

The more that leave loudly, the greater the impact on the org.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Yes, it's a great letter and you probably feel great having written it. And thanks for sharing. Now just fold it up and tuck it into a file somewhere so you can re-read it from time to time.

Don't bother sending it. They won't read a single paragraph.

• Rooster
    Rooster

To be under Christ Jesus' yoke is so much better. And we have to get out from under the WTBTS's yoke to do this. I also what to say congratulations on your freedom.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    My 19 year old son is inactive but believed the Watchtower Society to be the truth, and my 13 year old daughter was too young to really know. Neither wanted me to talk to them about it. However the harassment of the last weeks and statements from various members of my family that they will no longer talk to me if I am disfellowshipped have firmly convinced them that the Watchtower Society is a cult. My son finally asked me to discuss my concerns about the Watchtower with him. I then overheard him for the first time discussing religion with his friends and actively preaching against the Watchtower organisation.

Jwfacts...Good for you I wonder if they thought too much about the paragraph above. They DF one and then loose another one.This might prove very costly to them in the end..I Hope

• greendawn
    greendawn

Congrats for being so active in opposing the unchristian inhuman policies of the FDS against the so called apostates. That statement: we are not here to answer your questions explains it all, because that is what they should be doing. They expel members without even attempting to give them answers as to why they are wrong.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Thank you for the messages and the great Congratulations signs.

I think it is good to go out with a bang, or at least to talk to your friends about why you are leaving. For a true cult member and most of the elders it will just strengthen their faith. But it will plant seeds in the hearts of those that are searching. The more people that they see moving on will make them more likely to look a bit deeper and give them the strength to move on as well.

I emailed a letter to my family members to find out which ones will talk to me. However I wanted to take the power away from them that they think they have. It disgusts me that a cult member thinks they get to decide whether or not to talk to me. So I wrote;

"Dear xxx. I just wanted to clarify our relationship, and to say that I am willing to speak to you in case you ever feel the desire to call me. "

Needless to say, the members that will not talk to me took great offense at that line.

Anyway it feels good to have had my say. I am now totally prepared to move on with my life.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

I'm still curious --- what was the reaction of the elders when you caught them in the lie about your right of appeal to Bethel ?

Good letter !

Rabbit

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan
    'Sorry, i must have dialed the wrong number. blah blah blah By the way, you were d/f last night. Blah blah blah, sorry that you aren't welcome in our house anymore'

Oh good god...fuck him man

• IronClaw
    IronClaw

First of all congrats JW. I have been following your story. Remember one thing about the WTS.

You are GUILTY until proven innocent

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit