Ok I Have A Question For All Of You!

by Legolas 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Darth Yhwh
    Darth Yhwh

Hi there Kid-A, how have you been?

Legolas, I never witnessed when I didn't have to. Just like freedomlover I laughed at the prospect of witnessing to my fellow class mates. I hated working in my home territory and I'll never forget the time I knocked on one of the football player's door. The next few months at school were utter hell for me.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi caryl, welcome to the forum!

Previously, I seldom spoke about my beliefs outside of field service. However, since I've been "flirting" with apostates for the last 18 months, I speak about God and the Bible more than ever.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

I struck up conversations everywhere I went. I still do, but with a difference. Now I have no objective beyond friendly exchange.

• IronClaw
    IronClaw
    Previously, I seldom spoke about my beliefs outside of field service. However, since I've been "flirting" with apostates for the last 18 months, I speak about God and the Bible more than ever.

I feel the same way. I say more about the Dub's now than ever. Hey is there anything like an Apostate pioneer??? I only need 20 more hours to get my monthly quota. Damn, that ole witness drumming is still there! Sorry

• misanthropic
    misanthropic

I only did it when I had to, was forced to or had no other choice. I remember one time being in service with a bunch of my teenage friends, none of us really wanted to be in service so we decided to spend the morning taking only breaks..... best service day ever!

• Purza
    Purza

Nope. Whenever an informal witnessing opportunity arose, I would get all anxious inside and then tongue tied and not say a thing. I would feel guilty later for not speaking up.

I went camping once with a friend who was a pioneer and she witnessed to everyone in site (including people on the shuttle bus). It embarassed the hell out of me.

Purza

• Beck_Melbourne
    Beck_Melbourne

I didn't enjoy any type of witnessing, informal or otherwise. I used to feel like a sales person of the worst kind - the ones that don't go away and won't listen to reason and who think they have the best product.

Apparently it was because I was lacking faith - whatever!!!

~Beck~

• Farkel
    Farkel

At precisely midnight on May 11, 1969 I entered a topless bar to drink some beer, but more importantly, to see if all that girl stuff that I saw in all those millions of magazines I saw was really all that it was that I saw in those magazines. We serious researcher people call this very important work, "researach". I SWEAR I wasn't there just to see those tits. I offer as proof the fact that I sacrificed by 21st birthday at midnight, to do this research. One does not get more dedicated or scientific (or lie) more than that.

So, after I confirmed (scientifically) that adult females after all, in fact, DO have those thingys called "nipples" I folded up my notebook and went home, knowing that my research would conclusively affirm what has been a fact for about 8 million years. Hey! I didn't know others did that research first!

So, in keeping with the theme of this thread, even when I was a braindead pioneer dub, I was not always "on" (in fact I was rarely "on").
    Farkel

• rebel8
    rebel8

I tried to be like that for a short period of time, but I felt like a vulture so I stopped.

• RichieRich
    RichieRich
    Did he realize how hard high-school was when you're a JW

it's really fun when you're an apostate JW in high school.

And to answer your question, I'm not even on when I'm out in service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit