Ok I Have A Question For All Of You!

by Legolas 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Legolas
    Legolas

When you were a dud (I call it 'dud' not dub..LOL), ok how can I put this.....were you 'always on'?

Meaning did you always have something to give to people or witness to them at 'every' opportunity or did you look at it as a 'job' where you only gave things out in service?

• skyman
    skyman

I was I fully armed.

• willyloman
    willyloman

I suspect for many of us the answer is: Both. In other words, when we first became dubs, we were always on. Later, it became a job and we were "on" only when we had to be. It was that wearisome process that led us out the door.

• IMustBreakAway
    IMustBreakAway

Service was always mind numbing pain for me. There was a time when i was pioneering that i would go into coffee shops and just try to start conversations with people. That was fun but they rarely ended up being about the bible.. Mostly just about god and such.. I told myself that i was putting a rational and informal face on the ministry so that when someone next came to their door they would be softened.

For a while i thought about trying more random wittnessing. Like pretending that my car was broken and wittnessing to whoever pulled over to help me. Never tried it though.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

I was for a while. In later years I rarely thought about serviceā„¢, even while I was doing it. I had more interesting things on my mind, like getting home and playing solitaire on my computer.

W

• JH
    JH

At first, I would talk alot about JW stuff to family memebers, because I was the only on in that religion.

Then I realized that they also had biblical knowledge, and that maybe I didn't have the whole truth after all.

But to answer your question, I didn't bother people, unless I was in the field service.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Visualise Davey Crockett at the Alamo. My service bookbag was so heavy I had to hire a porter to carry it. IOW, I was one whacked out zealous and dimmed out dub in a 70's model polyester leisure suit.

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

Hell no - only when out in service

• freedomlover
    freedomlover

no way!

I only did it when I had to, which meant out in service.

my anal elder step-father used to have family studies about how we needed to informal witness at school, and I would sit there and think "this dude is out of his freaking mind!" Did he realize how hard high-school was when you're a JW - let alone carrying around a stockpile of literature to place with your school mates?!

• Legolas
    Legolas

Wow I was a bad dud then...LMAO...I only remember two times, no make the one time (the other I was in service) That I gave out something while not in service! It was at a bridge toll going to an ASSembly.

Trust me there was plenty of times where I could have witnessed but didn't ( I am very shy by nature) Looking back I am proud of that at least!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit