Anyone want to try an experiment?

by Lady Lee 76 Replies latest jw friends

• Saoirse
    Saoirse
    My dog doesn't seem to like them
    Are these the guys that bicycle around town with the white shirts and black ties?
    They're robots and brain-dead zombies
    They don't celebrate Christmas, they don't salute the flag and they disturb you on Saturday morning.
    They are arrogant, self-righteous, fundamentalist jerks.

Doesn't look good for the JWs.

• jstalin
    jstalin

I just posted this five minutes ago and already have these responses:

Micheal Jackson
    Strangers comming to my house trying to convince me to join a religion. It scares me, and they have no right on my property.
    Jehovah's witnesses most significant contribution to society must be their large amount of litigation in constitutional law cases. Why, if not for the JWs making all sorts of crazy legal claims, my con law II class could have been wrapped up in about two weeks.
    Pushy, pain in the asses.
    morons propagating a stupid religion [/intolerance]
  • Nosferatu
    Nosferatu

I can't really post religious material on the other message board since it's not really allowed. It does however pop up in an occasional discussion. Here's a couple more:

============================================

For example, when phone salesmen and Jehovah witnesses call or visit, they always say 'I'll only be a mnute'. When I hear that, I know they're saying that because they are giving me a reason to give them the time of day.

============================================

This person definitely has some emotional issues that goes way beyond your theory(i.e. maybe biological? his mom is kinda looney jehovah witness..and his dad was a violent alcoholic)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

hey by all means if you are still getting responses we want to hear them.

I would love to find a response from a JW. We know they are out there on the net.

And there hasn't been one post by a relative or good friend that supports them (and not just their right to preach)

• Nosferatu
    Nosferatu
    I would love to find a response from a JW. We know they are out there on the net.

They're out there, but they only seem to migrate toward other JW groups.

Is there a Star Trek forum that someone could post on? :D

• Saoirse
    Saoirse

This experiment was a great idea. It really proves how much their "good reputation" is all in their minds.

Is there a Star Trek forum that someone could post on?

Several years ago, I remember a somewhat secret JW Star Trek Forum. It was black and green and had a cool name like "Moon Base Alpha" or something. There were tons of JWs on it. I think the admin was from England.

Does anyone remember this forum?

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee
    Several years ago, I remember a somewhat secret JW Star Trek Forum. It was black and green and had a cool name like "Moon Base Alpha" or something. There were tons of JWs on it. I think the admin was from England.

Yes I've seen that one. Thought them using the ST was funny

• outbutnotdown
    outbutnotdown

I have learned that the "world" has a much different view of JWs than what scholar thinks. While talking to average people about spirituality, without them knowing that I was a JW, I inevitably end up mentioning at the end that I was raised as a JW and the almost universal reaction says it all.

They look at me with pity and sorrow, until I tell them,

"But I'm OK now!"

It always brings a BIG smile to their faces.

Brad

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

Mormons are another group I won't answer the door for. I made that mistake exactly once. I thought maybe if I heard them out, they'd stop coming by and ringing my doorbell. BIG MISTAKE. All it did was encourage them to come by even more frequently. It got so that they were coming by almost once a week! Thankfully we moved shortly thereafter and I haven't seen those particular people since. Nowadays, when I see them coming, I draw the blinds and don't answer the door.
    I'd put the Mormons in with the JW's as well. That Elizabeth Smart girl who ran away from home is a perfect example of scamming Mormons.
    Elizabeth Smart ran away from home? when? have I totally missed something? I thought she was kidnapped.
    I think they are getting off topic, but then I got this.... probably the most positive by far. But still not being thought of the way they think they are thought of.
    I've never had a bad experience with them and I have weekly talks with a member. We just chat about the Bible. She is probably TRYING to convert me, but I've told her that I'm not interested so we stick to the points we agree on and say a prayer. Since I don't go to church reguarly, I welcome her calls, chats and visits.

lisa
  • Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

out/Brad That is so funny

Well I'm glad you are still getting some. Mine have totally dried up.

I've known this for a long time - that the world just thinks JWs are weird or pushy.

It sure is interesting to see it confirmed

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit