I'M GETTING REALLY FORGETFUL

by Mary 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

Mary:

I've tried in the past to do the meditation with the CD, but I get distracted so darn easily

Me, too!, which is why I now do meditation in complete silence. I go upstairs, after telling family what I'm doing so they respectfully keep the noise down, light some incense, and then sit in front of my shrine for around an hour. You don't have to sit in a lotus position - I don't - but it is good to have some symetry. You can even sit on a chair, back as straight as possible, with arms resting on the arms of the chair. Be comfortable. Remember, you'll have good days meditating and bad days. Don't let the bad ones get you down. Just carry on and eventually you'll get there. Try to keep to the same time(s) each day, too, as your mind then gets prepared! Aim for at least an hour eventually, but build this up gradually from 15-20 minutes minimum. Take the 'phone of the hook if you have to!

.......By the way, how are YOU doing Ian?

I'm ok, thanks. I tend to post to the vigil threads about how I'm doing so as not to hi-jack threads like this

I believe Mozart is recommended as being best for mind problems. However, as mentioned, I wouldn't play music at all while meditating, only for relaxation or background noise.

Hope this helps!

Ian

• Think
    Think

Mary,

Our memory is a complex system. Take calcium. Eat good, healthy food. Get good sleep. Exercise. Eat vegetables. Don't go on ANY diet, don't be afraid od gainig weight, most people eat less food that they should. Eat well, but do exercise. Oxygen is important. Do some hiking, some fun in park, bicycle, running if you can. This all will help you with you memory.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I bought a little pint of lemon sorbet the other day. I had a few bites while watching TV and then put it back in the freezer. But the next evening I couldn't find it. I thought Mozz had eaten the rest of the container, so I pouted all night while he was with his buddies. But later I looked in the cupboards to put dishes away and there was the sorbet, sitting with my coffee cups. Of course, it had been there for over 24 hours, so I still had to toss it.

I'm only 34.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit