Well, I caught the 'flu...........

by Sunnygal41 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I caught the flu about 6 or 7 years ago and I was so damn sick I thought I was going to die. I've gotten a flu shot every year since.

• TopHat
    TopHat

AH HA!! Connecticut....

So your first home is in the Adirondacks....That is way way upstate....Never been there...about as far North as I have been is Albany when my daughter became a State Trooper.

• misspeaches
    misspeaches
    I just finished a nice hot cup of green tropical organic tea with organic raw honey, Miss P, is that healthy enough?

Sounds fantastic! And really yummy too.... You'll be feeling wonderful again in no time.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Dan, I feel ya, cuz, when I caught it the first time at age 20, I THOUGHT dying would be a great idea............I had such a high fever, I was hallucinating, and even sitting on the potty seat hurt........

TH, yep, Adirondacks are in my blood. My mom's peeps migrated from Canada, and dad's came from moutainous terrain also...........they lived in New Hampshire for awhile and Vermont.......on one visit, I climbed to the top of MT. Defiance, and you can see a huge arm of Lake Champlain laid out below you, with Fort Ticonderoga, and into Vermont and the Green MT's........and on the other side, you can see the whole town below you.........it made me wish I were a bird, it was/is so breathtakingly beautiful...........all the open space, and farmland and mountains and trees............no super highways...........congrats on your daughter being a ST......you must be very proud.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Well, move on over here....we have mountians....I live near the Bear Mountian area....here is photo of the Hudson River. Will be glad to have an exJw near by to visit.

alt

• Celia
    Celia

Try this ... it's very good, and it helps :

Boil some water - Squeeze half a lemon - In a mug, put the lemon juice, as much or as little sugar as you like, add boiling water - stir - Drink as hot as possible.

Mom's recipe for bad colds and flu.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

TH, beautiful photo...........I'm very familiar with the Bear MT area, actually........we attended Circuit Assemblies near the Middletown area.........the Hall was right smack dab in the middle of a huge housing development of Hassidic Jews...........I hear they bought the land from the dubs.........gorgeous country.....maybe I'll come on up some time and visit..........that would be an easy day trip from where I live.............

Celia, great idea..........I'm bookmarking this page to copy the recipe down later..........I'm heading to bed, I'm starting to get tired..........nitey nite everyone...........

• serendipity
    serendipity

Get well quick, sunnygal!

• TopHat
    TopHat

Yes I remember going to that Circuit Assemble....They did sell it to the Hassitics...They build another Circuit Hall in Fishskill but I have not seen it...that was about the time I started to fade.

Have a good nite Sunnygal

• corproal
    corproal

Well,

If you have the flu ,try making some tea and adding a touch of boubon , or ,rum ,scotch and basically just rest and keep plenty of fluids.The Alcohol won't cure it but it'll numb you a bit and raise the body temp to keep you warm. I'm not sure that I've ever had the flu before.I've had strep throat which caused by bacteria and I'll tell you it sucks.This occurred about 23 years ago when I was in 8th grade.

I refuse to take the flu vaccination because I really don't need it and I don't like needles.

Craig

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit