Well, I caught the 'flu...........

by Sunnygal41 22 Replies latest watchtower medical

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

first time in 28 years. It was the same as I remember it being........horrible body aches, fever, nausea, alternating bouts of sweating and freezing cold..........I'm in my third day today, and except for runny nose and sore throat, I think I might attempt to get back to work tomorrow..........anyone else caught it yet?

Terri

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Check to see if you have white spots on your tonsils. If you do then you have strep, which can be quickly cured using antibiotics.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Hi, Sunny....hope you feel better soon....There are no cases of flu bug in my area...where are you from?

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Yuck, Elsie..........I can't afford to miss anymore time from work.........I have no sick time.........

Top Hat, I'm a CT gal..........we're kissin' cousins I see, if you really are in New York.......is that City or State? Reason I ask, is my mom's peeps are from Upstate, and that's where I got indoctrinated into the borg.

Terri

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Okay.........I just inspected my uvula with a flashlight.........nothing...........it looks pink and healthy...............it could be from coughing and post nasal drip also.........

• TopHat
    TopHat

Cunennticut...never could spell it. ...I am upstate NY.....about 50 miles North of NYC...

• misspeaches
    misspeaches

ah that's no good Sunnygal. I bet your not feeling too sunny now!

The Flu is gross especially when you don't get it often. I've had it twice in my life. Both times I've ended up with chronic bronchitis and bruised my ribs from all the coughing. Is the flu you have contracted a particularly strong virus?

Don't forget to keep your body temperature consistent. Boost your immune system - lots of herbal teas, vitamin C that sort of thing. And coldral will do wonders for your symptoms - but it won't cure your flu.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It's astonishing that you went for 28 years without catching it. My maximum was 5 years. It's a virus and there is nothing that can kill them, antibiotics are for bacteria not viruses which by being so simple make it harder to find ways to combat them. You just have to let it run its course until the immune system overcomes them.

• Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

TH, ever hear of Ticonderoga? That's where my heart is......I miss the Adirondacks so much at times............it's way too flat down south here in Connecticut..........

Don't forget to keep your body temperature consistent. Boost your immune system - lots of herbal teas, vitamin C that sort of thing. And coldral will do wonders for your symptoms - but it won't cure your flu.
    Great advice, MissP. Actually, I've been taking that Occi$#$#$^* whatchamacallit stuff.......lol..........I'd have to dig out the box to spell it correctly...........anyhoo, it's homeopathic, and my BF swears by it! For a man to thumbs up any medicine, you know it's gotta be good........yeah, we both got it...........he caught it first, then me..........when I went into the pharmacy, there were lots of people waiting for RX's, and I asked the lady at the counter if they were all flu victims and she said "yep, and I have it too"..........so, anyone passing thru CT, hold your breath or wear a mask! I just finished a nice hot cup of green tropical organic tea with organic raw honey, Miss P, is that healthy enough? It was delish!!!
  • Sunnygal41
    Sunnygal41

Well, greendawn, I've got a pretty hardy immune system, and I don't make it a habit to be out in crowds alot, and I'm not around children who are germ sponges, let's face it. Maybe that's why?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit