How much do you pay for your internet service?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

About $30, we got dsl bundled with our phone service so we could get it a little cheaper.

Josie

• rathina
    rathina

I pay 43euro for my internet service.

Recently I checked my internet speed at Scanmyspeed.com
    My speed Results are
    Download speed-20.057Mbps
    Upload speed-6.647Mbps.

Is this good or not?

• *lost*
    *lost*

I pay 35€ a month and it's the dogs. Unlimited broad band

• Band on the Run
    Band on the Run

I pay too much. My service is bundled with telephone and cable so I have no actual knowledge. I found out that the cable giant signed me up for the highest speed without telling me there were other options. When I found out, I exploded. I ordered them to lower me to the lowest speed. My computer work at home is mostly personal matters so I don't need business speed. Frankly, I can't tell any difference but my bill is much lower.

Another problem I encountered with Comcast is that it charges unconsciable fees. When I said, "Give me a better deal b/c you have competition. You are not a monopoly anymore," they said tough luck. When I muttered the magic word, Verizon, their attitude changed and I was offered dfrastically lower prices under special deals. These deals are complicated and only last six months. If you are not using DVR, don't accept a free trial period.

I found an article in the New York Times stating that the vast majority of cable companies cannot require you to purchase an expensive package in order to get HBO or SHO. The problem is that the provision is obscure and cable companies are under no requirement to tell consumers about it. I am certain the customer service people have no idea. The New York Times' reporter and editor did not think the name of the act and section number was worth reporting. I should research it. Also, why should ex Witnesses pay for fundamentalist and Roman Catholic cable stations as part of a required package. I want a la carte stations.

• moshe
    moshe
    I want a la carte stations.

Me, too. -nobody watch sports in our house- but I pay for that, we don't watch spanish language, but I have 3 or 4 stations. But the game show channel my wife enjoys , was taken off the regular lineup and put into an extra $10/mo tier by Comcast- they know what programs people will pay extra for.- I checked in other Comcast areas , and it is still on their regular lineups- I have to assume their marketing people found out that populations with a high percentage of retirees like to watch the older game shows-- and will pay extra for it.-- sneaky.

• Terry
    Terry

I don't understand what you mean: PAY for internet service.

I haven't paid anything since 2006.

Please explain.

I can get on the Internet on my laptop anywhere at anytime.

• *lost*
    *lost*

Terry - lol, who you piggy backing off ?

• TD
    TD

A little over $300.00.

• garyneal
    garyneal

About $40 per month. Got to give this one to my wife as she negotiated that price for the service we got. Otherwise, we'd be paying $52 / month for the same service. We have Cox cable Internet and no cable tv, we tried the bundled plan but it ended up costing us nearly $200 / month for it for many channels we do not watch. Netflix and over the air TV is all we watch now.

• Terry
    Terry

I just go to Starbucks!

I have a laptop.

You can sit outside on the patio.

Otherwise I use my iPhone.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit