How much do you pay for your internet service?

by JH 33 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

A few years ago, I had dial up internet with netrover, and cost about 18$ a month, unlimited use. But it was slow.

Then I had Videotron here in Quebec, low speed internet (cable) for about 29$ a month which was about 3 to 4 times faster than dial up.

Now I upgraded it to high speed for about 45$ a month plus tax of course.

Although there is a big difference in speed between cable low and high speed internet, I don't really see the use of paying 20 bucks more a month. It's only useful when downloading music or video clips or opening pictures a little faster.

But just for posting here and searching the net, low speed cable was fine for me.

How about you?

• Ellie
    Ellie

I'm with BT and I think its about £18 a month for unlimited broadband, and its fast too. (Sorry, I don't know the exchange rate thingymijob)

• skyman
    skyman

39.95 wireless which is fast just as long as other people are not on line you share a common connection and on Sunday it is slower than dial up.

Just switched to DSL which will be 5X faster than on wireless fastest day. Plus it is a didcated line so it will allway be the same speed. It will 41.95.

• Bryan
    Bryan

I pay $45.00 a month and it's worth every penney.... though I wish there were more competition so I could get it cheeper!

Bryan

Have You Seen My Mother

• JH
    JH

I just tried this test

http://www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/

and got this result with the Atlanta server.....

With the other servers I had much lower download for some reason

• Bryan
    Bryan

I just recieved these results:

Download Speed: 1497 kbps (187.1 KB/sec transfer rate)
    Upload Speed: 620 kbps (77.5 KB/sec transfer rate)

Bryan

• JH
    JH

Videotron also offers "Extreme Internet Speed", but I don't need that nor the $$$ that it must cost.

• Forscher
    Forscher

About $40 a month for my cable modem. Since my son is an online gamer I pretty much have to pay the money.
    Froscher

• Honesty
    Honesty

$42.95/month Charter Hi-Speed 3mbs download

It is still too slow for some applications I need for my work but at least it doesn't take 10 minutes to download like when I was on dial-up.

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

£18.00 a month with aol - unlimited broadband when I can get connected!! It keeps dropping out because my house is a long way from the nearest telephone exchange so I'll probably be switching to cable.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit