David2002 Please Reply on Point!

by AK - Jeff 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wanderlustguy
    wanderlustguy

Been researching this myself using just bound volumes from 1974 and 1975. There is a definite "out clause" embedded into their message the further along 1975 went, but it was obvious from the 1974 bound volumes that "huge things" were supposed to happen in late 1975...just as in late 1875 before Russel said 6000 years would be up. I guess the formula will repeat every 100 years...

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

How does one reply "on-point" when the point is indefensible and irrefutable?

• Poztate
    Poztate

I seem to recall a "speculation" on their part that it could all be OVER by the fall of 75.I forget how they justified this viewpoint or if it was in the WT or some book of the time. It was probally a freddy franz quote. I do know it had my elder Dad all excited and happy.Mind you he was all excited about the "generation" teaching too...then they took it away "speculation" and shortly after that my Father died.

• Nemesis
    Nemesis
    Hi Ak - Jeff,
    Maybe you could direct this David2002, to Raymond Franz's chapter in Crisis of Conscience on 1975. He can download it here from this link as a PFD file, and then he will have it for reference so he can look up all the points Franz puts forward at his leisure. He might also like to look at the 1914 chapter.
    Crisis of Conscience by Raymond Franz

Chapter 1: PRICE OF CONSCIENCE (non-pfd file)
    Chapter 9: 1975: 'THE APPROPRIATE TIME FOR GOD TO ACT'
    Chapter 10: 1914 AND "THIS GENERATION"
    Chapter 11: POINT OF DECISION
    Chapter 12: AFTERMATH

Regards,
    Nemesis
  • deeskis
    deeskis

Yup, I lived as a JW teenager through that time. Although they never outright said it was going to happen then, they did say it would be fitting or appropriate. I think by then they were abit wary about possible law suits in the future, not to mention "egg on face"

My parents also began hoarding food before that time....

mind you my dad also told me to stock extra staples before 2000, "the millenium bug could cause chaos in trading"

D

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

ARMAGEDDON IN 1975 - TIMELINE OF QUOTES http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/36961/1.ashx courtesy of Lady Lee

• stillajwexelder
  • IronClaw
    IronClaw

Well my family became JW's in 1969, I wanted to quit high school, because I thought the New System would be here in 1975. Many publications have hinted heavily in that direction. KM's , Wt's.Aw's , books talks by CO's, DO's and so on. Where the hell do you think the R/F got this idea?????? I know, I lived it. And I am STILL paying the price of not getting a higher education my friend. This is REALITY not some pipe dream.

• skyman
    skyman

Well I tell you I was alive and I thought it was going to be here. I can remember Br. Dumbass getting up toward the end of the summer and saying, we only have to cover our teritory one last time and then that it. I remember real clear at the assemblies that is where most of the pointing to 1975 came from that is from the special speakers from Bethel would go ape SHYT crazy tell us how the end was coming in Oct. 1975. We had three different family's sell their home and Poineer before 1975 knowing that the end was coming.

• JeffT
    JeffT

I was baptized in November 1973. I had been studying for a year or so, and graduated from college in August. I did not go to grad school because I believed the fine spiritual food crap being tossed out by the Watchtower.

One incident in particular sticks out. The assembly that summer featured a drama about Joshua and the Israelites marching around Jericho for seven days. The first "kingdon news" tract was released right after that, with a comment that we would deliver as many of them as we could at three month intervals.. That night a certain sister remarked that if we distributed the tracts every three months and did it seven times, the last one would go out in October 1975. Surely this was another sign pointing to what would happen then.

In 1988 as my wife and I were starting our exit, this same person visited us at our house (we'd moved across the state by then). I brought up this conversation (without mentioning who said it) and her response was "nobody ever said anything like that!"

I think this is a good example of active witnesses having VERY selective memory on this subject.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit