WHY did you exit god and the bible when you exited the dubs?

by gumby 63 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

gumbilicious,

First of all.....what is parsimonoius. Ain't that a friut that looks like a peach?

LOL. it's about the law of economy of explanation. it's an integral part of carl sagans baloney detection kit, and scientific method, when the answer to a question cannot be established with 100% certainty. with regards evolution, you can take the theory of evolution, compare the number of unfalsifiable assumptions in it, and compare it to competing theories like creationism. the theory with the fewest assumptions (among other things) wins. evolution wins by a landslide here, because not only is god unfalsifiable, but evolution has answered way more technical questions than creationism has. in short, evolution is a simpler explanation for bio-diversity than creationism is. the irony is that evolution is harder to learn, which is what many people cannot get past.

So.....the eyeball doesn't intrique you just a bit? Do you really believe that it and things more complicated than it.....just happened? I do not. You's been smokin too many of them funny kinda ciggarretes and ya cain't see the forest for the plants trees.

first of all, i may like dope, but evolution was bang on for me long before i ever got into it. anyone could see that from my posting history here, lol.

second off, yes, of course i find the complexity of the eyeball and other biological systems fascinating. and you are right, they did not just happen. they came about via a series of many cumulative mutations and selections forced by the environmental pressures that populations of our ancestors experienced in the past. it's called evolution. evolution doesn't say that the eye ball (or blood clotting, just in case you were going to mention that next [are you reading behe or something? lol]) just "happened". there is a reason why the eye ball is here in it's current form. it's called "survival". they help us survive, and whatever version that our ancestors, and their predators had, helped them survive too. does this make sense?

TS

• gumby
    gumby

TS,

in short, evolution is a simpler explanation for bio-diversity than creationism is. the irony is that evolution is harder to learn, which is what many people cannot get past.

In all honesty bro, you've described me. I don't think I have the type of brain to understand evolution cuz I'm a bit of a dumb bastard. Maybe I'm better off not to. If I were convinced evolution was our cause, I'd be bummed more than I am now. I suppose I'm a bit like a dub that's too afraid to know they might learn something they don't want to hear and they'll be afraid if they find out........I don't know. It scares me a bit to think there is no creator. It feels like your on a plane and you just found out the pilot died.

there is a reason why the eye ball is here in it's current form. it's called "survival". they help us survive, and whatever version that our ancestors, and their predators had, helped them survive too. does this make sense?

Frankly......no it doesn't

Thanks bro for sharing on this.

Gumby

• tetrapod.sapien
    tetrapod.sapien

gumbro,

It feels like your on a plane and you just found out the pilot died.

i know man. i would never want to give the impression that i have any hope to provide.

evolution is an intellectual satisfaction for me, but has provided me no meaning of substance. which is fine. it is not supposed to. which is why i defend it.

i left the dubs initially because of evolution. but even if i was wrong about evolution, i would still not be a dub. so, i am not married to the theory emotionally.

cheers bud, twist one up for me. at least we agree on the important stuff.

TS

• gumby
    gumby
    but even if i was wrong about evolution, i would still not be a dub. so, i am not married to the theory emotionally.

cheers bud, twist one up for me. at least we agree on the important stuff.

I wouldn't be a damn dub if you offered me all the best GreenBud on this planet......................................................................................well.....maybe for a day or two

Hey bud......do ya think we'll know where the hell we came from before we turn 80? I think we should twist up a fatty before we answer that one eh?

Gumby

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit