What Advice Would You Like To Give JWs And Potential Ones?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

Anything you'd like to say????

• skyman
    skyman

Don't believe everthing you hear. Be like the Boreans

• JeffT
    JeffT

Do all the research you can. One of my regrets is that I didn't look into it when I was first studying. I was attending college and had access to a library with about 3 million volumes. Never even went and looked.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Once I was a drug user. Then I quit the drugs and became a JW.

The JWs caused more damage in my life than drugs, and were much harder to quit than the drugs.

I'm not advocating drug abuse, just trying to illustrate how damaging JWism can be.

W

• trevor
    trevor

Ever thought of joining the human race?

• biloxi girl
    biloxi girl

From a newbie here, my advice is Run for your life!

I was a JW from 1974 to 2000 when I Disassociated...I was a slow learner obviously.

I always did research but of course it was research in their publications...DUH

All I can say is thank goodness for the Internet, typing in Jehovah's Witnesses to Google in 1999 set me free from bondage to the WTBTS, I found so much info on them that I was up till the wee hours every night devouring the info and comparing it to what was on my watchtower library CD!

My husband told me I was listening to "apostates", I said NO, I'm reading it from their own publications!

I'm very happy to be free from slavery to the Watchtower Society!

• mustang
    mustang

Don't commit, i.e. get baptized, 'take the plunge". This keeps your options open. If you are careful and really non-committal, you should be able to remain "spiritually weak" indefinitely, as long as you don't "go all the way". If you "commit", then you have lost all control of the situation. You are playing with the masters of manipulation, and their main goal is get you totally involved and never disclose what goes on later.

THERE IS NO GOING BACK AND NO GRACEFUL EXIT!!!

Mustang

PS: "brothers", don't wear a tie!!!!

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Read the books that ARE NOT SUGGESTED for somebody who has started to study. How about the Revelation or Daniel book? Is this information simply based on the Bible like all the Witnesses teachings are said to be? Think about it.

• minimus
    minimus

Welcome, Biloxi Girl!!! ----------Drew, you're right. Read the prophecy publications first and see if it "sounds normal".

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Welcome biloxi girl...So, did your husband listen to you and is he out as well?

What I would say: If you value every freedom that you have, run, don't walk, because those freedoms will be stifled, and you will be damaged for life because of it.

AuntieJ

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit