What Advice Would You Like To Give JWs And Potential Ones?

by minimus 21 Replies latest jw friends

• biloxi girl
    biloxi girl

Auntie Jane wrote... Welcome biloxi girl...So, did your husband listen to you and is he out as well? My hubby has not been to a meeting since I printed the letter about the watchtowers association with the UN and showed it to him in 2002 We really don't discuss it, I think he still wants to keep his options open concerning them but of course that is just my opinion he has not said that. No one has called on him in all this time, I guess they are to afraid of the big bad "Apostate" he has living in the house with him.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The WTS may have an enticing appearence but this may be just a very carefully set up nice front, don't believe everything they tell you especially don't let them for any reason stop you from aquiring info on their real history and then you will see through that nice front, the rotness that lies beneath.

• jeeprube
    jeeprube

Picture the end of the Matrix and Rage Against the Machine screaming "Wake Up!!!!!!!!!!!!"

• jaffacake
    jaffacake

Study the New Testament (preferably any version except NWT) and meditate on its meaning without using any Watchtower literature.

Read the Ray Franz books (from Commentary Press website) Crisis of Conscience and In Search of Christian Freedom

Read Crisis of Conscience by Don Cameron

Read What the Bible Really Teaches by Keith Ward

Spend some time on this website and research and search for Truth.

• YoursChelbie
    YoursChelbie

The Watchtower is all about getting unpaid volunteers to further their kingdom real estate purchases and increase the "donations" for their literature.

*They registered as a cultural organization in Mexico and as such prevented prayers and singing during the meetings. Was that to advance their religious practice or to acquire property?

*They are intent on making money. Think "food ticket" for assembly food. Did they pay taxes on the food you had to pay "food tickets" to buy? NO

*When they used to charge for the magazines, did they pay taxes on that revenue? NO

Leaving this corrupt organization is clearly not the same as leaving God--- as they would like you to think.

YC

• Buster
    Buster

Read about forms of false logic; Items like, circular logic, strawman arguementation, ad hominum attacks, and the like. It doesn't require reading stacks of books and is readily available on the web.

Once a person can categorize such fallacies, they will see them by the droves in the society's literature.

• minimus
    minimus

Don't go near them! RUN!!!!!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Don't go near them! RUN!!!!! minimus, you echoed my sentiments

• serendipity
    serendipity

HI biloxi girl, welcome to the forum!

• prophecor
    prophecor

Read the Fine Print! ! ! !